Many people seem to have a smartphone these days, and they’re getting smarter and faster every day. Using their mobile phone, the average person sends and receives over 90 text messages a day—and they still want to be reached by phone. But how best can you use SMS marketing messages to your advantage?
SMS marketing statistics are a great way to discover the impact SMS can have on a business. This article will determine if Short Message Service (SMS) marketing works and how to use the popular messaging service. Learn where to find SMS marketing statistics and how they can help to boost your business. I have collected some top facts and statistics. I’ve compiled some mind-blowing SMS marketing stats and facts to give you an idea of just how effective this channel can be.
What is SMS Marketing?
SMS Marketing (aka text message marketing) is a method by which businesses and organisations send promotional campaigns or transactional messages for marketing using text messages (SMS) to an existing and potential customer’s phone. These messages are highly targeted, permission-based, opt-in text messages mostly meant to communicate time-sensitive special offers, promotions, coupons, updates, and alerts to people who have consented to receive these messages from your business. They limit these messages to a max of 160 characters.
Why Is SMS Marketing Important?
It allows you to reach many people all at once. Text messaging is an instant marketing tool for getting your marketing message to reach your audience at the right moment. People keep their mobile phones on hand, making it easy to communicate your message to them. Many consumers agree it is a good way for businesses to get their attention. By communicating with customers the way they want you to, your business is more likely to see engagement and get a response.
How Much Does Text Marketing Cost?
It is cost-effective and easy to set up. Each company has its pricing options. But the most typical pricing model is a monthly fee that includes a certain number of texts and keywords. It is one of the best ways to communicate with customers. SMS costs are based on the number of messages you send, the country of coverage, and the messages’ quality.Text Messaging is an instant marketing tool for getting your marketing message to reach your audience at the right moment. Click To Tweet
Is SMS marketing effective?
It is one of the best ways to connect with your audience, and it’s never been more popular. There are now over 7 billion mobile phones globally, and close to 7 billion people own a cell phone. Recent studies show that more than a billion people own smartphones.
Is SMS Marketing Dead?
Although considered a “dead channel” by some marketers, SMS still plays a vital role in modern communication, enabling consumers to initiate contact with companies and remind them of products they want to buy or services they wish to use.
Is SMS Marketing Legal?
In some countries, they regulate it under the law to protect consumers from receiving a barrage of unsolicited text messages. Companies organisations that do not observe consumers’ statutory rights could face hefty fines per unsolicited text message.
The practice of mass SMS marketing itself is perfectly legal, but there are some restrictions on how you must go about conducting your text messaging. Text marketing laws exist to protect consumers.
Customers may know what they are subscribing to and know that businesses are using their data with the utmost protection. As long as you keep up with these guidelines, you’ll be ready.Is SMS marketing legal In some countries, they regulate it under the law to protect consumers from receiving a barrage of unsolicited text messages. Click To Tweet
How Many SMS Are Sent Each Day in the World?
According to the Worldwide Texting Statistics provided here, 18.7 billion texts are sent worldwide every day, not including app-to-app messaging! And we send over 560 billion texts every month worldwide!
What Is the Best Time to Send SMS Campaign?
With SMS marketing, timing is everything! According to this article, the peak time for a business to send an SMS campaign is between 12:00 and 15:00 both weekdays and at the weekend, with almost one-third of mobile opted-in users favouring this time. This time slot is closely followed by 09:00-12:00 during weekdays.
How Do I Start SMS Marketing?
Even with other apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Viber, SMS marketing campaigns remain king. Before you dive into your campaign, it’s wise to review your existing business goals. Then set specific goals for your SMS campaign that align with the company goals. One of the essential practices is ensuring that the recipients have opted to receive your texts. So remember this when building your subscriber list.
As with any other marketing channel, it’s essential to measure your SMS results to see if there are ROIs and how you can make them even better. Since nearly every device can receive texts, every business must include SMS campaigns into their mobile marketing strategy. They do so by setting the right goals, building a subscriber list, then crafting messages and measuring the results to see ways to optimise the campaign.
Mind-blowing SMS Marketing Stats and Facts Every Marketer Should Know
- The click-through rate for SMS ads is 19%. According to stats on text message marketing from previous years, only 4.2% of all emails result in clicks, which is a relatively low rate for direct marketing. (source)
- Stats indicate that this type of marketing has a 45% response rate, while email marketing is 6%. Not only are your customers more likely to open marketing offers and communications received via texts, but they’re also more likely to connect with your business. (source)
- Mobile marketers are 79% more likely to use other mobile-specific marketing tactics to use an SMS marketing strategy. (source)
- From 2015 to 2017, the use of SMS marketing services by B2B marketers has increased by 197%. Using text marketing is clearly on the rise. (source)
- More than half of consumers are taking action after reading a promotional SMS. That clearly shows that it is working. (source)
- SMS marketing campaigns perform seven times better than email marketing campaigns. (source)
- SMS marketing has a broader reach than email marketing. (source)
- The country with the highest percentage of mobile users is Russia, where 89% of the population sends and receives text messages. (source)
- 88% of people surveyed said SMS was the number one thing they use their phones for, and they use their phones all the time! Data on texting and driving shows that a significant number of people will use their phone to text no matter what they’re doing – even if they’re behind the wheel. (source)
- 92% of U.S. adults carry text-enabled phones, 98% of smartphone users use text regularly, but only 14% of companies text with consumers. (source)
- The response rate of SMS text message marketing is 45% vs email response rates at 6%. Engagement rates are also much higher when comparing it with email marketing. (source)
- Despite SMS marketing statistics that prove SMS marketing is effective, 65% of brands still don’t have a formal strategy for bulk SMS messaging to take advantage of the time we spend on our phones. (source)
- SMS databases grow the most during the holiday shopping season by an average of 41%. SMS marketing click-through rates for e-commerce brands can be as high as 36%. While SMS marketing may not be a crowded field yet, it’s going to get competitive. (source)
- 73% of marketers say email marketing is their best digital channel for ROI. SMS marketing click-through rates can be anywhere from 10 to 15% higher than email marketing campaigns. (source)
- Consumers are 4.5x more likely to reply to an SMS marketing message than a marketing email. (source)
Based on the above statistics and sources, we can understand the power of SMS marketing and make the following summations regarding the most crucial SMS marketing stats and facts:
Share this Image On Your SiteFrom 2015 to 2017, the use of SMS marketing services by B2B marketers has increased by 197%. The use of text marketing is clearly on the rise. Click To Tweet
Your consumers are on mobile, so your business needs to be on mobile too! Based on what we’ve read above, an SMS message is the best way to reach because they can always receive your message regardless of the type of mobile devices and network they use.
Do you need help with crafting your SMS marketing messages? Or do you need help in creating a mobile strategy to reach your target consumers? Contact us today. We will be glad to help.
- Facts about SMS Marketing That Will Improve Your Business
- Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing an Analysis
Did you like the article? Please pin it!