Any business interested in an integrated marketing campaign cannot afford to overlook text messages or SMS marketing.
Many of us send and receive text messages daily. This fact alone is one of the main reasons why SMS marketing is a channel that smart marketers consider in their marketing mix to reach their target audience.
Let us take a look at some staggering statistics as to why business owners like you need to consider using text messages in your marketing if you have not been doing so.
If you have been using text messages, then I hope that after reading these statistics, you would invest more resources into text messages.
According to some statistics, approximately 50% of consumers in the U.S. make direct purchases after receiving an SMS branded text/QR code/discount coupon.SMS marketing is naturally a fertile field of potential for digital marketers. Click To Tweet
SAP has a study showing 64% of consumers think that businesses should converse with customers more often using SMS.
According to some stats, 81% of all mobile users take advantage of text communication.
According to this AdWeek article seeing as 96% of smartphone users text message, and 98% of text messages are read compared to 29% of tweets and 12% of Facebook posts, SMS marketing is naturally a fertile field of potential for digital marketers.
Although the above statistics mainly applies to the American and UK audience, this does not mean that text messaging is not achieving similar results in your geographical region due to the widespread availability of mobile devices even in developing countries. Almost everywhere you go, the average person has a mobile phone.
Another thing that makes text messaging appealing to persons in developing countries is that all the average person needs to engage text messaging is a mobile device (it does not even need to be a smartphone) and cell phone signal.
Text messaging is as basic as it gets yet beneficial. It is a form of mobile marketing that does not discriminate between owners of basic Nokia handsets and smartphone owners.A study showing 64% of consumers think that businesses should converse with customers more often using SMS. Click To Tweet
The person using an inexpensive Nokia handset will receive your text message at the same time as smartphone users. And the response is the same regardless of whether they are smartphones or simple cell phones.
It’s not like social media, whereby you need to know the etiquette of each social network to use it optimally.
Despite its limited character limit, with a text message is guaranteed to be received and read by the owner whereas with email marketing, for instance, you cannot say for sure that your message will not end up in the recipient’s spam box!
Another good thing to note about SMS marketing messages is that your target audience can opt-in to receive SMS marketing messages from your business. You are thereby giving recipients the control to decide whether or not they want to receive SMS marketing messages from your company.
Other benefits include the high open rate and quick response time regardless of whether your audience is an American, in the UK or Malaysia.
So if you are a small business owner, I strongly suggest you consider adding text messaging to your marketing mix if you’ve not been doing so already. Use it as part of your marketing efforts to offer exclusive promotions to your customers.
With the low cost of text messaging, small business owners on a shoestring budget can focus on using text messaging as a channel to pass their marketing messages across to their targeted customers.
13 Facts about SMS Marketing That Will Improve Your Business
Here is a video highlighting 13 facts about SMS marketing that will help to improve your business if your SMS campaign is well crafted.
- When compared to tweets, Facebook posts and emails, SMS messages have an estimated 98% open rate and read more than all the other channels combined.
- Most people have their mobile phones on them several hours a day. Thus, they are likely to read your text message within seconds of receiving it.
- Through the use of a shortcode, people can opt-in or opt-out of receiving your SMS messages. The function of opt-in or opt-out ensures you don’t send SPAM.
- The opt-out rate of SMS campaigns is far less than that of email marketing.
- SMS marketing coupons are more likely redeemed and shared with friends than email or newspaper campaigns.
- SMS marketing is the most effective marketing medium for sparking consumer action, as people prefer receiving ads via SMS.
- Some estimate that people respond to SMS messages faster than email messages.
- SMS marketing is an excellent channel to engage and build loyal customers through offers and promos.
- SMS marketing is an inexpensive method of communication in comparison to traditional marketing.
- Integrating SMS marketing into your other marketing campaigns improves your chances of getting your message straight to your customers.
- Due to its 160 character limit, SMS marketing ensures your message goes straight to the point.
- SMS is an excellent channel to get feedback from your customers via surveys, questionnaires and polls.
- SMS marketing is unobtrusive since recipients can read and respond to your message at their convenience.
Have you tried SMS marketing? Share your experience with us. Need help with your SMS marketing campaigns?
Contact us. We’ll help you craft a unique SMS campaign to grow your business. Thanks for watching!
After reading all these SMS marketing facts, are you ready to take your SMS marketing to the next level? Check out our instant messaging service for businesses now to get started.