In this week’s marketing digest, we look at how to write smarter and faster, and other great articles.
How to Use Google Search Console to Drive More Search Traffic
In this guide to using Google Search Console for SEO, the author sought to provide a data-driven framework for reviewing and optimising your existing content.
- The tabs, queries, pages, countries, devices, and search appearance allow you to analyse the data points (clicks, impressions, CTR, position) in different ways.
- Now you can see your site’s individual URLs ranked by the number of impressions (high to low).
- Review the analysis to look for the effectiveness of your targeted keywords, surprising keywords, patterns (e.g., high impressions but low CTR), etc.
SEO Myth-busting: What Is Not a Google Search Ranking Factor
Here are some signals that Google has said are not direct ranking signals in its search algorithms.
- Getting bogged down on any specific ranking factor is not a good idea and can distract you from your business goals.
- Focus on making sure your site has accurate content and links to trusted and quality web sites.
Full article: https://searchengineland.com/seo-myth-busting-what-is-not-a-google-search-ranking-factor-338741
Google Extends Lead Forms to YouTube, Discovery Campaigns
Google has expanded the field options available for collection since it started testing lead forms.
- Google has been testing lead form ad extensions in Search campaigns since last fall.
- Now, advertisers can use the lead form extensions in YouTube and Discovery campaign ads.
- When logged-in users click on a Google lead form ad extension, some information pre-populates.
- Lead form ad extensions will be available in Display campaigns later this year, Google noted in its announcement
Full article: https://searchengineland.com/google-extends-lead-forms-to-youtube-discovery-campaigns-338739
Write Smarter and Faster With Tips From These Top 5 Posts
Every content creator recognises the struggle to find the right word, craft the right phrase, or get the darn thing done.
- There’s no magic word count or time length for your content.
- You need not write long sentences to make your point.
- Block out uninterrupted time on your calendar to write.
- Schedule something important at the end of your writing block.
How to Get a Knowledge Panel for Your Brand, Even Without Wikipedia
One way to do that is to establish a presence on the platforms and sites that Google commonly cites within Knowledge Panels Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Crunchbase, Reuters, and Bloomberg.
- The social links within your Knowledge Panel can point users to your social accounts.
- Having a page on these platforms and receiving mentions from authoritative sites or publications can help teach Google about your brand and push you towards the critical mass necessary to trigger a Knowledge Panel.
- The footer of Bing’s Knowledge Panels tells users what data sources were used to populate the Knowledge Panel.
Full article: https://searchengineland.com/how-to-get-a-knowledge-panel-for-your-brand-even-without-wikipedia-338642
Will Google’s Ad Disclosure Schema Catch On?
Google’s testing an Ads Transparency Spotlight tool that relies on what it calls Ad Disclosure schema to show users information about the ads served on web pages.
- When the extension can’t detect any ads on a page, you’ll see this message: Currently can only show information about display ads purchased through Google Ads.
- If it detects ads, it merely lists the number of ads identified and the platforms used to buy them currently just Google.
Full article: https://searchengineland.com/will-googles-ad-disclosure-schema-catch-on-338583
How Content Marketing Can Save Your Digital Marketing Strategy
Your content marketing strategy can be the foundation for either an improved or newly rebooted integrated digital marketing strategy.
- As the COVID-19 impact encourages companies to reassess the entirety of marketing, we’ve seen a more substantial opportunity for content marketers to play a real leadership role in that broader marketing planning.
- Content marketing doesn’t replace your broader integrated marketing strategy.
- It’s a safe bet to say the status of the overall marketing strategy and the content marketing approach within it is ripe for a reboot.
- The overall marketing strategy and the content marketing approach within it are ripe for a reboot.
How Content Marketing Has Evolved
Content marketing has grown over the years but comes with the benefit of decades of guinea pigs.
- They also helped the company address what they believed to be their major sticking point to higher sales: People didn’t know what to do with Jell-O.
- The examples throughout the history of content marketing go on and on.
- Coca-Cola was another early adopter of content marketing over a century ago in 1895 as medicine.
That’s a wrap! Hit me up on social media if you have anything to say. See you next week.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!