Over the years, traditional marketing has evolved into digital marketing and consumer-generated media is also replacing mass media at a steady pace.
Today’s consumers are more trusting of experiences that customers share about your product and services on social media than your traditional marketing or advertising messages, whether print or electronic.
Active listening on social media for consumer-generated media is critical for any B2C business that claims to be social media savvy. Here are a few reasons social listening is essential for your business.
- Active social listening is the foundation of your social media strategy. Learning what people are saying about your brand and industry will determine the content you create or curate on social media.
- Through active social listening, you’ll now be able to measure, test, and analyse the performance of your social media activities and integrated marketing campaigns.
- In our digital age, it’s the consumers through the use of social media that shape a brand’s reputation and not the brands themselves. So your active listening on social media will help you find and address damaging conversations about your brand.
- You can also use the feedback and criticisms about the brand you receive through it to help improve your product and service delivery. By showing your consumers that their opinions matter, you’ll build goodwill for your brand and the potential of winning new customers.
- Do you know what consumers are saying about your industry? Do you know what makes consumers happy or unhappy about your trade? Answers to these and much more are from active social listening, and these answers will help you develop your business strategy to make you an industry leader.
- Through active social listening, you’ll also be able to benchmark your performance on social media with those of your competitors and to discover areas that you need to improve.
- It can help you find critical influencers. These are persons on social media whose opinions of your brand can help to sway consumers towards or away from your brand. Develop relationships with these people to gain valuable insight about your products, brand, or industry.
Do you see why it is essential for your business? Do you have questions about how you can put in place or improve social listening in your business? Please contact us.
I look forward to helping you grow your business online and become more successful through social media and social listening in particular.
Did you find this post of value? Then please don’t forget to share it with your friends using the buttons on this page. Thank you.