Welcome to this week’s edition of our marketing digest. Today our title article is on what the SEO Industry can do to fight manipulation.
Let’s jump right in.
Digital Transformation – Why It’s No Longer Optional for Businesses
A recent study reveals that many customers feel let down by their banks’ lack of online services and support since lockdown, with 58% unable to access the help or online banking facilities they need from home, at a time they need them the most.
- According to recent research in June, 51% of contact centres have reported an increase in email use, with 47% reporting increases in web chats and 37% report an increase in social media use.
- Recent news on the temporary failings of the online banking systems of major banks, which left thousands of customers unable to access banking services and customer call centres during the lockdown.
This Decade’s Most Important Marketing Question: What Data Rights Do Advertisers Possess?
PPCers are looking at Google’s new decision to remove Search Terms from their reporting and questioning Google as if advertisers own the data (since they’re paying for it).
- That doesn’t mean this is legally or ethically correct, but it is an important point for Google since advertisers agree to the Terms and Conditions upon beginning with Google, and those T&C do not guarantee any data rights other than impressions.
- All that to be said, the drum we advertisers need to be beating isn’t “who owns the data”, though let’s get that determined.
- Google itself claims, in its third party policy with advertisers, that there are certain data necessary to show to the one paying money to Google for Ads Program usage.
- A Paid Search agency must share certain data with advertisers to align itself with Google’s Third-Party policies.
These Content Marketing Rules Are Made to Be Broken
Here is their considered advice on which content marketing “rules” are crying out to be broken.
- That’s a resounding no from 23 experts presenting at Content Marketing World 2020.
- Breaking rules requires thinking and exploration.
- “That’s the key to breaking rules – figure out which ones will prevent or inhibit you from achieving your brand’s goals.
Digital & Disinformation: What the SEO Industry Can Do to Fight Manipulation
Endorsement and transparency have never particularly been strong suits for Google with search engine marketing.
- You could bring up a site’s knowledge panel in Google and click on the share link.
- Specialists wanted for strategic target audience research, messaging and content creation, and media planning.
- The PSYOP process looks the same to an SEO workflow: Identify audiences (target audience research).
- Strategic New Terms: Manipulators create new terms and build a strategic optimised information ecosystem around them before amplifying those terms into the mainstream, often through news media, to introduce newcomers to problematic content and frames.
- Fragmented Concepts: By breaking connections between related ideas, and creating distinct clusters of information that refer to different political frames, manipulators can segment searchers into different information worlds.
So that’s it for this week! I will love to know what marketing related articles you have been reading. Let me know on social media.
- 10 Reliable Tips for an Effective SEO Strategy This Year
- Why SEO for Business Owners in Nigeria Is Important
- PPC or SEO – Which Do You Need? (UPDATED)
- 10 Myths about SEO That You Should Stop Believing
- How to Select an Awesome SEO Agency That’s Right for Your Brand
Did you like the article? Please pin it!