This week’s digest we look at why user-generated content should be at the heart of marketers’ post-COVID playbooks and other articles.
Don’t blame me if I seem to highlight COVID related topics in the marketing digest. The pandemic has taken over most aspects of our daily lives and businesses. That’s just the way it is.
8 Future and Emerging Technology Trends in Digital Marketing
Marketers are experimenting with many new ways of targeting their market. Below are 10 predictions of emerging technology developments that will pave the way for disruptive changes in digital marketing and ultimately shape its future.
- The fuel ad campaign should be specific to the types of consumer products and mobile devices such as refrigerators, motorcycles, wearable technology devices.
- Advances in augmented reality technology would open up new possibilities for marketers.
- Wearable apps such as Google Glass or VR app headsets, cell phones and computers can be used to enter virtual shopping areas or virtual shops.
- Marketers will be able to experience a virtual shopping store that will display their goods in three dimensions and at the same time making purchasing choices for consumers to buy the product.
- They will act as a point of convergence of user profiling data and will become crucial to advertisers who want to target users across behaviours/interests very early (by collecting in-depth knowledge of using keywords or search terms).
Digital Marketing: Key to Business Resilience
For businesses that wish to not only stabilise but grow in this time, it’s now more crucial than ever to keep in contact with your customers and reach new ones. This presents a challenge as many of the traditional channels for contact have been rendered risky.
- Digital marketing presents a no hold bars’ way of engaging with present customers, keeping them in the loop on operations changes, and also reaching new customers, with offers, deals and products that will add value to their lives.
- This will help your website climb in the top-ranked website when prospective clients search for services, goods and products in your niche.
- For instance, let your customers know alternative ways they can do business with you.
- This is the time to build your online engagement with customers and potential customers.
- Amplify your email marketing – Whether you are a B2B or B2C business, email marketing can foster building deeper relationships with your current customers and potential leads.
6 Keys to a Strong Content Marketing Agency-client Relationship
The best way to build rapport with clients is by understanding their needs going into the pitch.
- Pitch perfection
- The content marketing strategy
- Defining the marketing goals and tactics
- Establishing roles
- Budget approval
3 Ways to Reach Gen Z with Your Benefits Communications
If you want to keep recruiting and retaining the best talent, now is the time to start tweaking your benefits communications — and the preferences of many members of Gen Z may hold some lessons.
- Prioritise financial guidance
- Share everything digitally
- Lean on visual content
- Get HR Dive in your inbox
Advertisers Signal Glimmers of Optimism
Despite many unknowns and continued challenges, many agencies and advertisers have shifted gears for the next phase.
- Roughly half of the small businesses said they could survive just two months in late March, and the gradual reopenings by states are now a source of uncertainty rather than confidence, for many of them.
- That said, from an advertising standpoint, there appears to have been a sentiment shift over the past week or even a few days with many advertisers starting to spend again.
- For short term travel such as flights and hotels, it appears several are also back advertising, but we don’t have enough data to understand how they are bidding yet and if these are limited campaigns/budgets or some companies trying to advertise through the virus in preparation for a return to normality later this year.
- Curious, if others are seeing indicators of optimism, a Twitter poll up asking of whether businesses were starting to resume their PPC campaigns.
- While many say they are seeing CPMs rising on Facebook, we expect the paid search ad auction to continue to be discounted for some time to come.
Why User-Generated Content Should Be at the Heart of Marketers’ Post-COVID Playbooks
Marketers can solve that widening gap between content creation and demand by embracing the content that their customers are generating, which can not only reduce content costs, but can also help to help real, human connection, and dramatically increase performance on social channels.
- The closure of all non-essential stores has caused a surge in online shopping, accelerating the already growing consumer shift towards eCommerce, while IRL social activity has moved to social media platforms more than ever before.
- Fresh, compelling visuals have long been a critical element of any winning digital marketing strategy, yet with reduced budgets, and lessened capacity to even produce visuals due to the lockdowns, marketers are in a tight spot.
- At every point in the post-pandemic buyer’s journey, authentic user-generated content can be a sustainable, cost-effective and influential source of content that brands will need to help build trust, grow sales and deepen their long-term relationships with customers.
- Post-COVID-19, brands will need to work harder to recapture and strengthen consumer trust, to build long-term customer value and loyalty, and the number one way to generate trust with consumers is through shared, authentic experiences.
- As the world re-opens for business, brands will also need to provide evidence that consumers are returning.
The Top 10 Technology Trends of the 4th Industrial Revolution
Our jobs, businesses, and how we operate as societies are being transformed by technology, and the current global pandemic is only fast-tracking the digital transformation.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning refer to the ability of machines to learn and act intelligently, meaning they can make decisions, carry out tasks and even predict future outcomes based on what they learn from the data.
- What it is: In simple terms, big data refers to the exponential explosion in the amount of data being generated in the increasingly digital age.
- What it is: Cloud computing means storing and processing data on other people’s computers in a data centre via a network that gives companies the ability to store massive amounts of data and process it in nearly real-time.
- Edge computing refers to the processing of data on devices such as smartphones.
That’s it for this week, folks. Can you think of any other reasons why user-generated content should be at the heart of marketers’ post-COVID playbooks? Let me know.
Remember, if you want to receive this digest in your inbox, click here to subscribe to my free newsletter. Stay healthy.
- Ways for Your Business to Stay Ahead During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- 7 Ways to Maximize the Viral Potential of Your Content Marketing Efforts
Did you like the article? Please pin it!