Here’s a list of some unique social networking sites (in no particular order) you may want to consider exploring to improve your social media marketing efforts.
These are social media networks that you may or may not know.
However, if you are looking to give your social media marketing effort an edge of over your competitors, you may want to explore these social networks.
1. Foursquare: You can use Foursquare to connect with other people in your area better, or make new friends all over the world. Learn more
2. Imgur: This is a social bookmarking community where you can share anything simply and easily with fellow Imgurians or people on other social networks. Learn more
3. Ello: As it says on their website, Ello is a global community of artists dedicated to creative excellence. Built by artists, for artists. Learn more
4. SoundCloud: SoundCloud is an online sound-sharing service that allows you to record, upload and share music or other audio recordings. Learn more
5. Flickr: Flickr is an online photo-sharing and image/video hosting service that allows you to share photos and videos with your friends.
6. Myspace: In some ways, you can consider Myspace to be the granddaddy of social networking sites. Since it’s relaunch, it’s now more of a music site. Learn moreIf you are looking to give your social media marketing effort an edge of over your competitors, you may want to explore these social networks. Click To Tweet
7. Hi5: This is another old social network that has been around for a long time but overshadowed by a lot of new social networks. Learn more
8. Vimeo: This is a video-sharing service like YouTube, where you can view, upload and share videos. It is one of the few video-sharing sites that can compete with YouTube. Learn more
9. Stumbleupon: Stumbleupon is now known as Mix! When it was still Stumbleupon, it drove a considerable amount of traffic to my website, and although I had an account when it was still Stumbleupon, I never got the hang of it. Learn more
10. Xing: This is a career-oriented social network used by many consumers and businesses in Europe. Xing supports closed groups. This feature enables a private and secure network within an organisation. Learn more
11. LiveJournal: This is a unique social network that allows its users to maintain a blog, journal, or diary. Learn more
12. Twoo: This is a social discovery platform that enables users to create profiles, upload pictures, and chat with other users. I have received loads of ‘spammy’ invite to this site, so I never bothered with it. Learn more
13. Reddit: This is a content sharing social network that allows users to posts text or direct links on the site and voted by members to determine popularity. Learn more
Social networks come and go. New social networks spring up on a regular basis.
Therefore you may need to think outside the box regarding using a particular social network in improving your marketing.
However, even though some social media networks have their benefits spending too much time on social media can be counterproductive. You need to strike a balance.
- Reasons You Should Be Talking About B2B Social Networks
- Should You Post the Same Content to All Social Networks?
The list above is in no particular order and is not intended to be an exhaustive list. The mention and listing of any social network in this post do not in any way constitute our endorsement of same.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!