Here’s a list of some unique social networking sites (in no particular order) you may want to consider exploring to improve your social media marketing efforts.
These are social media networks that you may or may not know.
However, if you are looking to give your social media marketing effort an edge of over your competitors, you may want to explore these social networks.
1. Foursquare: You can use Foursquare to connect with other people in your area better, or make new friends all over the world. Learn more
2. Imgur: This is a social bookmarking community where you can share anything simply and easily with fellow Imgurians or people on other social networks. Learn more
3. Ello: As it says on their website, Ello is a global community of artists dedicated to creative excellence. Built by artists, for artists. Learn more
4. SoundCloud: SoundCloud is an online sound-sharing service that allows you to record, upload and share music or other audio recordings. Learn more
5. Flickr: Flickr is an online photo-sharing and image/video hosting service that allows you to share photos and videos with your friends.
6. Myspace: In some ways, you can consider Myspace to be the granddaddy of social networking sites. Since it’s relaunch, it’s now more of a music site. Learn moreIf you are looking to give your social media marketing effort an edge of over your competitors, you may want to explore these social networks. Click To Tweet
7. Hi5: This is another old social network that has been around for a long time but overshadowed by a lot of new social networks. Learn more
8. Vimeo: This is a video-sharing service like YouTube, where you can view, upload and share videos. It is one of the few video-sharing sites that can compete with YouTube. Learn more
9. Stumbleupon: Stumbleupon is now known as Mix! When it was still Stumbleupon, it drove a considerable amount of traffic to my website, and although I had an account when it was still Stumbleupon, I never got the hang of it. Learn more
10. Xing: This is a career-oriented social network used by many consumers and businesses in Europe. Xing supports closed groups. This feature enables a private and secure network within an organisation. Learn more
11. LiveJournal: This is a unique social network that allows its users to maintain a blog, journal, or diary. Learn more
12. Twoo: This is a social discovery platform that enables users to create profiles, upload pictures, and chat with other users. I have received loads of ‘spammy’ invite to this site, so I never bothered with it. Learn more
13. Reddit: This is a content sharing social network that allows users to posts text or direct links on the site and voted by members to determine popularity. Learn more
14.Tumblr: This is a microblogging and social networking website that allows you to post multimedia and other types of content to a short-form blog. You can follow other Tumblr blogs. You can also make your blog private. Learn more
15. Instagram: Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows you to share photos and videos. You can also follow other users and like, comment and share their content. Users can also make their account private. Learn more
16. WhatsApp: This is a freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service owned by Facebook. It allows you to send text and voice messages, video calls as well as share images, documents, user location and other media. Learn more. Also, check out this article on How to Use WhatsApp for Marketing.
17. Snapchat: Snapchat is a multimedia messaging app that allows you to talk with friends easily, view Live Stories from around the world, and explore news in Discover. Learn more
18. Pinterest: This is a social media web and mobile application that operates a software system designed to enable discovery of information on the World Wide Web using images and, on a smaller scale, GIFs and videos. Learn more
19. Viber: This is a cross-platform voice over IP, and instant messaging protect your privacy so that you never have to think twice about what you can or can’t share when you’re using it. Learn more
20. Qzone: This is a social networking website based in China that allows users to write blogs, keep diaries, send photos, listen to music, and watch videos. Learn more
21. Wattpad: This is an Internet community for readers and writers to publish new user-generated stories in different genres, including classics, general fiction, historical fiction, non-fiction, poetry, fan-fiction, spiritual, humour, and teen fiction. Wattpad Studios discovers untapped, unsigned, and talented writers on Wattpad and connects them to global multimedia entertainment companies. Learn more
22. We Heart It: This is an image-based social network for inspiring images. Discover photos, videos and articles from friends that share your passion for beauty, fashion, photography, travel, music, wallpapers and more. Learn more
23. Skoob: Skoob is a collaborative social network for Brazilian readers. Without advertising, the site became a meeting point for readers and writers who exchange tips about books and organise meetings in bookstores. Learn more
24. Hello (formerly Orkut): This is a social networking service that currently supports access via a mobile app and is available for Android and iOS. Learn more
25. Sina Weibo: This is a Chinese microblogging website, and it is one of the biggest social media platforms in China. Learn more
The takeaway from Unique Social Networks
Social networks come and go. New social networks spring up regularly.
Therefore you may need to think outside the box regarding using a particular social network in improving your marketing.
However, even though some social media networks have their benefits spending too much time on social media can be counterproductive. You need to strike a balance.
- Reasons You Should Be Talking About B2B Social Networks
- Should You Post the Same Content to All Social Networks?
The list above is in no particular order and is not intended to be an exhaustive list. The mention and listing of any social network in this post do not in any way constitute our endorsement of same.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!