In our first marketing digest of October 2020, we see why Twitter says more users are clicking links before retweeting.
Let us get started.
How to Boost Your Marketing With the Help of User-Generated Content
Because UGC is created by unpaid consumers, it’s more authentic than anything a business could create in a content campaign.
- You need to know how they want to interact with your brand, what platforms they use, how they find you, and what type of content they enjoy best.
- Some 48% of customers think UGC is a great way to discover new products.
Instagrammers believe that users share products they find useful.
- Getting influencers to post about wearing, using, or promoting your product or service is more valuable than almost anything else you can do in your marketing.
Google Rewrites Meta Descriptions Over 70% of the Time
Portent notes there’s a bump in the rate of meta descriptions rewrites from positions 4 to 6, which may be because of Google trying to boost the relevance of those results.
- They observed trends when examining the relationship between rewrite rate and search volume.
- Notably, the higher the search volume, the less likely Google is to rewrite the meta description.
Expand Your Network Through Social Media
Networking can bring introduce you to new partnerships, opportunities and audience.
- As you connect with more people with a common background, you will start finding new people are within your connection’s circle.
- Whether you are growing your network for new opportunities or visibility, be willing to help others out.
Pinterest Search Trends for Fall 2020
Millennials are taking to home life in a much different way compared to Gen Z, according to Pinterest’s data.
- First Millennials are taking to home life in a much different way compared to Gen Z, according to Pinterest’s data.
- Whereas Gen Z appears to be looking for ways to distract themselves with decor, millennials are looking for ways to keep themselves and their children occupied.
- Pinterest rarely highlights search trends specifically among the male demographic, but an interesting shift has taken place.
Twitter Says More Users Clicking Links Before Retweeting
Content containing spam, clickbait headlines, and harmful/incorrect information has less of a chance to go viral if they prompt users to think twice before sharing.
- More users are clicking on links before retweeting them after Twitter began prompting users to do so back in June.
- Twitter says nudging users to read articles before retweeting them is working.
The Rising Power of Podcasts in Marketing
For business owners and marketers, podcasts are a great way to develop an intimate connection with listeners and potential customers.
- Promote brand visibility: Once your podcast is up and running, you will also get greater brand visibility.
- By creating regular, episodic content audiences once hooked keep coming back for more.
- It requires acute storytelling abilities, engaging content, and a lot of creative energy to keep audiences coming back for more.
- So, people know when to expect new content from you and eagerly wait for its release.
- Let us understand the two pathways to podcasting, which leads to marketing and brand success.
That’s it for this week. What about you? What marketing related article did you read that you’d like to share with us?
Did you like the article? Please pin it!