Twitter has been in the news lately because of all their recent updates and proposed future updates. So it’s no wonder that this article’s title caught my attention and is the title article for our marketing digest for this week.
URL Slugs: How to Create SEO-Friendly URLs (10 Easy Steps)
Thanks to Karl Tablante for contributing this post to our weekly roundup! The post contains a ten-step process for creating URL slugs that searchers and search engines LOVE. It’s a super simple method that works, even if you’re new to optimising your URL structure for SEO or tried to create SEO-friendly URLs in the past and failed.
- In essence, a URL is a set of directions, and every web page has a unique URL. What does URL stand for?
- If you want to rank well, learning how to construct SEO-friendly URLs is a must.
- An SEO friendly URL slug will meet the needs of searchers AND search engines.
- Exactly how do you go about creating the best URL slugs for SEO?
How to Use Customer Journey Mapping for PPC Campaigns
When you combine PPC with customer journey mapping, you effectively guide your potential customers through all the phases to make a sale.
- By curating PPC campaigns to a prospect’s journey, you can identify key touchpoints with your brand and the goals each person wants to achieve at every stage.
- Using different keywords at each stage of the sales funnel can help optimise your PPC campaigns.
- The key performance metric for your PPC campaign in the consideration stage is to get people to understand your product and want to buy it.
- In the BOFU stage, make sure your PPC ad keywords are targeting high-intent search terms like “buy,” “what’s the price of,” competitor names, and location-specific terms.
Livestreaming Tips Every Content Marketer Needs to Hear
Livestreaming video has become a standard way to share ideas, information, and expertise.
- The number of B2C content marketers using live streaming in their content mix almost tripled between 2019 and 2020 (13% vs 35%).
- According to Content Marketing Institute research, the number of B2C marketers using Livestream almost tripled between 2019 and 2020.
- Livestreaming has tremendous value as long as brands focus on creating content that makes their community want to come back for more.
- Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the website’s content on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.
8 Image SEO Best Practices to Make Your Content More Discoverable
In 2021 and beyond, its critical marketers pay attention to visual images’ importance as a powerful opportunity to reach new audiences on the SERPs.
- Use relevant, accurate alt text for user accessibility and SEO.
- Consider using captions to describe an image.
- Compress images for faster load time.
- Post original images, not stock photos.
How Much “Blogging” is There Really in Blogging?
How much time does a blogger actually spend on what others perceive as the “blogging” work?
- Sometimes looking for great images or even creating some images to go with the post keeps me busy for ages. Sometimes I can reuse some images I already have.
- As a blogger, it is not only ok to spend a bunch of time browsing through the internet and read blog posts–it is actually part of your job!
- If you want a chance to attract traffic from Google search, keyword research is necessary.
- Almost any niche is already very crowded. It would be best if you researched which keywords may still provide a gap in content.
- If you are running a blog as a business, you need much more content than blog posts!
- Automation is outstanding, but it still needs some maintenance to keep running and bring the results you are looking for.
Twitter Plans to Let Anyone Start Hosting Twitter Spaces in April
While you won’t actually find the ability to create a new Space unless you’re one of a select few, the company now says it’s planning to launch Spaces to everyone next month.
- If you opened your phone this morning to see a Twitter app update, you might have been excited – and then confused – to see an advertisement for Twitter Spaces, the audio chat rooms that the social network recently launched to compete with a similar Clubhouse app.
- We overheard the news in a Twitter Space itself, hosted by the company.
- Twitter’s plans aren’t set in stone, but the gist is that they’re trying to get the product into a state where anyone can host a Twitter Space starting in April.
- Twitter Spaces are one of an array of new features the feature-resistant company has announced in the past few months, and we’ve got a wide-ranging interview with Twitter product head where he discusses the whole set, including the company’s Snap and Instagram-like disappearing.
- Users on both iOS and Android can both join and talk in existing Spaces.
4 Ways to Democratise Data Science in Your Organisation
Where do your data efforts lie? Many organisations leave data to a team of data scientists and focus their efforts on lots of data.
- Focus on problems with the highest level of strategic benefit.
- Democratise data science in the organisation.
Due Diligence for Startups: a Founders Guide for Success
If you’re looking at outside investments into your business, here’s everything you need to know about preparing for due diligence for startups, including the parts of the process and how to pass it and get the check!
- Your angel investor won’t ask to see the source code for your product, for example, but they will want evidence that you have the right to the IP that you’re developing.
- While the due diligence won’t involve an investor sitting down and going through each of your customers to check to see if they like your product or service, the investor will probably want to know more about your key customers and vendors.
- An angel investor will then look at your potential revenue streams and think about what those might look like and how your company can grow.
- The above ten topic areas are guidelines for areas that your prospective angel investor may cover as part of their due diligence process.
- Suppose your presentation takes conservative numbers, and an investor’s due diligence reveals that there’s the potential for your company’s financial projections to be even higher.
How to Create a Marketing Calendar for Your Business
A marketing calendar is a plan that maps your business’s marketing initiatives over a set period.
- A marketing calendar also allows you to schedule and delegate assignments with ease, establish deadlines and provide details on the project to be completed.
- If you’re spreadsheet savvy, you could create your own version using Excel or Smartsheet, although you can also find a content calendar template online that is compatible with these programs.
- Such platforms provide ready-to-go marketing calendar tools that are designed with ease in mind and real-time collaboration capabilities.
That’s all for this week, folks! Would you like me to feature your article in my weekly roundup? Reach out to me on Twitter @ademolaabimbola or @mauconline. Catch you later!
Did you like the article? Please pin it!