This week we shall look at trends that will impact social media advertising in a big way in 2020. We shall also consider other articles worth reading.
In 2020, These Are the Trends That Will Impact Social Media Advertising in a Big Way
In 2020, these are the social media trends that social media advertising experts will need to take heed of, to further their client’s digital marketing initiatives and deliver real value for money.
- We all know how powerful social media marketing can be for businesses of all sizes, be it through creating brand advocates, driving leads and sales, or connecting and engaging with audiences in new and novel ways.
- With new features including hashtag relevance, tools for marketers to better use the platform, and employee advocacy tools on company pages, LinkedIn is making it easier than ever for companies and businesses to market and advertise themselves, their products and their company ethos on the platform – making it a brilliant place to target social media advertising in 2020.
How to Leverage Instagram for Business in 2020
Instagram is the second most engaged social media platform after Facebook so as business owners we cannot afford to overlook it. That’s why the title of this article caught my attention. It’s full of actionable advice. Check it out.
- Here are some content ideas that get great results on Instagram: Behind-the-scenes content of your business Posts that show your business volunteering, leading seminars, etc.
- Instagram Live is a great vehicle for hosting Q&As with your followers, taking followers behind the scenes of your business, hosting a webinar, collaborating with another account (as you can go live with other accounts on Instagram), launching a new product or service, or chatting with your followers and brand supporters.
- IGTV is beneficial when using Instagram for business as it becomes another video marketing platform for businesses to host educational or other types of valuable video content.
- It’s a reality that not everyone who might want to attend or see your business’s webinar can make it, so giving those people a second chance through a commonly used social media platform is a great way to leverage Instagram for business.
- As the second most engaged social media app, it’s a great platform for businesses to leverage, as users are already engaged with businesses on Instagram.
How to Set up and Optimize a Blog for SEO
There are plenty of steps you can take to optimise a blog for SEO. Keeping the points mentioned in this article will set you off on the right foot.
- You need to know what search engine optimisation (SEO) is and how it will affect your progress.
- While we are still on the subject of Yoast, let’s turn our attention to another determining factor for SEO: your post metadata and titles.
- There are components of every visual aspect that need to be considered, such as the alternative text (alt-text) area of a photo.
- Go into the editing section of your photos-existing or uploaded-and fill out the alt text section.
5 Strategies to Make Your Agency More Profitable & Scalable
If you own a marketing agency, then this one is for you. As you may already know agencies that focus on increasing profitability and scalability, beyond providing excellent client services, are the ones that find long-term success. Read the article to learn strategies to make your agency more profitable and scalable.
- Keep prioritising superior customer service
- Stop sweating the small stuff.
- Build out a paid search offering
- Empower staff productivity
- Find the right system to manage profitable client work
Why the Jumpshot Shutdown Is Such Big News for Digital Marketing
As digital marketers, you may have heard about the Avast issue. Last week, Avast, the Czech-based cybersecurity and antivirus giant, shut down the marketing analytics tool Jumpshot amid controversy around user data privacy and the selling of user information.
- The data collected by Avast and Jumpshot, is rendered anonymous after being aggregated and encrypted – and sold to companies such as Yelp, The Home Depot, Amazon, and others to help them better understand users’ browsing and buying habits.
- If you’re one of the over 400 million Avast users, your data has likely been collected and sold – albeit anonymously and not tied to you as an individual, according to Avast CEO Ondrej Vlcek.
- More than likely, the data points from Jumpshot are one of many sources SEO tools leverage to educate the end-user.
7 Rules to Drastically Improve Your Content Marketing
Content creation is the best way for your brand to win in 2020 — as long as you’re doing it right. Align your content with your brand. Optimize it and you’ll be well on your way to reaping massive benefits from your content marketing.
- Don’t Treat It as a One-Off Campaign
- Value Over Everything
- If You See an Opportunity, Drive Straight Through It
- Don’t Be as Boring as a Law Lecture
- Consistency Is Key
Telling the Story of Customer Success with Content Marketing
Your own story can inspire others. How you developed your approach, reached out to them, and worked together with your team all goes into the story. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there. Success is never a story that should be kept quiet.
- With over 20 years of experience in the high-tech field, Armaly found early on that he has an affinity for customer needs and their business goals that revolve around the software in which they invest.
- In short, what he was thinking and talking about was customer success before the phrase had even been coined and even before most had realized that customer experience plus the achievement of customer outcomes equals customer success.
- He moved over from sales to support to gain a deeper appreciation of the customer experience and the effort they put into adopting the product.
- He believes support offers one of the better ways to get close to the customer because it provides an invaluable opportunity to observe and collect critical feedback about their use of the product along with the ability to gain a more intimate knowledge of the experience they are receiving from the various vendor teams they interact with.
- With the way technology has matured over the years, this more modern engagement approach has benefited the vendor through better insights into customer behaviours and their ability to progress towards their goals.
Full article: https://blogs.oracle.com/marketingcloud/telling-the-story-of-customer-success-with-content-marketing
Don’t Forget These 7 Tips to Get More Search Traffic
You need to dig deeper into search engine optimisation to get your site’s content all the traffic it’s capable of getting.
- While I focus on Google – as it’s the most popular search engine by far –these tips can help you get more traffic from other search engines too.
- You can check for individual URLs through the cache method or your site with the Google Search Console option.
- Google Search Console (previously called Google Webmaster Tools) allows you to see how Google views your site.
- As you want to increase the number of people who like the look of your page enough to click on the link, you also want to reduce the number who click but return to the search results.
- To reduce your click-back rate and to improve your dwell time, make sure your page: Satisfies the searcher’s intent.
What CEOs Need to Know About Content Marketing
Sometimes I meet CEOs who know little about the benefits of content marketing for their businesses. If you are a CEO that needs to know more about content marketing, then this article is for you. If you have questions, contact me.
- Content marketing isn’t a new concept, and few business leaders get to lofty positions within an organization without knowing a little about content marketing benefits and strategies.
- Yet, content marketing is more important than ever, and as younger, tech-savvy generations grow up, creating effective, engaging content could become a primary business goal, an essential element of providing quality goods and services.
- On one hand, this means more CEOs might see and enjoy content marketing practices; but, it means most CEOs likely lack a firm foundation of content marketing basics.
- CEOs need not know everything about content marketing, but by investing in the right knowledge, CEOs can remain connected to this vital component of their business strategy.
That’s it for this week. If you’d like this weekly digest delivered to your inbox, click here to subscribe for free. Join me again next week for another edition.
- How to Market on Social Media
- Understanding Social Media Marketing
- The Simple Management of Social Media that Wins Customers
- Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing an Analysis
Did you like the article? Please pin it!