Do you want to know the simplest ways to make the best of one-man businesses? Well then, read on to find out.
The Cambridge Dictionary defines a one-person business as “a business that is operated by just one person,” i.e. you alone with no staff or partners.
Running a one-person business, as you already know, is challenging. Your most precious asset is your time! There are only so many hours in a day or a week that you can work.
However, the internet and web-based tools have helped to level the playing field for you by lowering your overhead costs. So, you can compete against the big players in your industry.
I get loads of inquiries from one-person business owners asking me how to grow their business online and be more successful. As a one-person business owner myself, I quite understand your circumstance.
You can make the best of your one-person business by following these 12 simple ways highlighted in the infographic below. These are traditional yet contemporary rules for your one-person business.
Share this Image On Your Site
- Have a plan no matter how rudimentary it is and set goals.
- Have a substantial amount of savings to see you through the first few months or years (yikes!)
- Your most priceless asset is your time. Stay focused on the essential things.
- Focus on marketing your business and driving sales. Finding new customers is the most significant challenge of most one-person companies.
- Take advantage of technology to grow your business online. Get a website. Use social media to connect with potential customers.
- Study your competitors to find their strengths and weaknesses and focus on filling any gaps in the market.
- Live a modest life and work from home, if feasible. A humble life reduces your overheads and transportation cost.
- Put your knowledge, skills, and resources into doing a business that you know, and that is financially gratifying
- Surround yourself with wise advisers and consultants to show you the ropes.
- Outsource aspects of your business that you are not proficient. Don’t be limited by your creativity and skill set.
- Start your one-person business while you’re still employed (if possible), so you can acquire some clients before you quit your full-time job.
- Learn to take a break. Health is wealth. Enough said.
Share Your Thoughts
Our Goal at Mauco Enterprises is to help business owners like you to grow your business using digital and social media marketing. Feel free to reach out if you need any advice.
Are you running a one-person business? What do you find most satisfying? What’s your most significant challenge? I hope you make 2018 the most fabulous year yet in your one-person business.
- The Most Important Problems Faced by New Business Owners
- Attributes of a Great Logo
- How to Use Facebook for Customer Service
- Types of Content for Your Video Marketing
- Read more articles on social media marketing
- Reasons You Should Be Talking About B2B Social Networks
- The Party Perspective on Content Marketing
- The Oddest Place You Will Find Digital Marketing Consultants