The title article for this week’s marketing digest considers why we can say the future of messaging is now. Let’s dig in.
6 Simple Ways to Boost Your Social Media Marketing ROI
One common problem that all marketers face is the ability to measure social media marketing ROI.
How to Avoid 10 Common Web Design Mistakes That Hurt SEO
Learn 10 of the most common web design mistakes that may hurt your SEO efforts and your rankings – and how to avoid them.
- Plus, you want Google’s web crawlers to understand your site.
- Your H1 tag is the first thing search engine crawlers look for to help them determine what your site is about.
- Remember, although your visitors can read the text in images, Google can’t.
- Eliminating these pages means letting go of the chance to rank for relevant keywords.
- If you aren’t getting the results you expected from your SEO efforts, check your website for these critical web design mistakes.
WordPress Can Now Turn Blog Posts into Tweetstorms Automatically
The new feature will allow you to tweet out every word of your post, and the accompanying images and videos.
- Once Twitter is connected, you’ll select the account or accounts where you want to tweet, then choose the newly added option to share the post as a Twitter thread instead of a single post with a link.
- In the box provided, you’ll write an introductory message for your tweetstorm, so Twitter users will know what your Twitter thread will discuss.
- For starters, WordPress says it will pay attention to the blog post’s formatting to determine where to separate the tweets.
- At the end of the published tweetstorm, Twitter followers will click a link to read the post on the WordPress site.
The Future of Messaging is Now
Facebook Messenger gets a fresh look to mark its continued evolution from a simple way to message your Facebook friends, to a place to hang out with your favourite people, on your favourite apps and devices.
- Over the past six months, we’ve been busy launching products and features that make it easier and more fun to be with your friends and family when you can’t be together in person, whether that’s popping into a virtual room to catch up, or watching funny videos together.
- You can even connect with many of your favourite small businesses, even if you can’t visit them IRL.
- Our new logo reflects a shift to the future of messaging, a more dynamic, fun, and integrated way to stay connected to the people you’re close to.
Do We Live in a Simulation? Chances Are about 50–50.
Gauging whether we dwell inside someone else’s computer may come down to advanced AI research—or measurements at the frontiers of cosmology.
- To get a better handle on Bostrom’s simulation argument, Kipping resorted to Bayesian reasoning.
- The Bayesian analysis allows one to calculate the odds of something happening (called the “posterior” probability) by first making assumptions about the thing being analyzed (assigning it a “prior” probability).
- The next stage of the analysis required thinking about “parous” realities, those that can generate other realities, and “nulliparous” realities, those that cannot simulate offspring realities.
- Plug all these into a Bayesian formula, and out comes the answer: the posterior probability that we are living in base reality is almost the same as the posterior probability that we are a simulation with the odds tilting in favour of base reality by a smidgen.
- If the simulation has infinite computing power, there is no way you’re going to see that you’re living in virtual reality because it could compute whatever you want, to the degree of realism you want.
- To detect this thing, start from the principle that [it has] limited computational resources. Think again of video games, many of which rely on clever programming to cut the computation required to construct a virtual world.
How to Turn Data into a Content Marketing Campaign
This post will explore how to find great data online, how to use that data to spark an idea, and how not to be wrong when analysing the data.
- I prefer to do this in separate tabs, keeping the main search results page open too. Once you know what you’re looking for, use an advanced Google search for .xls
- When thinking of questions to answer, there are two things to keep in mind.
- The median is the middle value of a dataset and is calculated by ordering the numbers and finding the middle value.
- Picking out a data range that supports a point of view, while ignoring the larger trend.
- Saying something about a larger group based on a non-representative sample.
- Using percentage change for small numbers – this is misleading Correlation doesn’t equal causation.
- Then, when looking for ideas, find relevant datasets and see if they spark ideas or questions to answer.
Do you have anything to say regarding the articles considered this week? If so, you know where to find me on social media. Let’s make it a date again next week, shall we?
- How to Use Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp for Marketing
- Facts about SMS Marketing That Will Improve Your Business
Did you like the article? Please pin it!