Twitter is a real-time social media platform that churns out an estimated 500 million tweets daily!
It is a social network where people from across the globe connect with their passions and share opinions.
It’s also a place for people to discover what is going on in the world in real-time.
The fast pace and share volume of tweets often leave business owners feeling intimidated about using Twitter.
On Twitter, things are different.Having a presence on Twitter or any social network for the matter without a goal will soon leave you feeling stumped. Click To Tweet
Experts recommend that you need to post multiple times a day! For best results, this requires preparing your tweets beforehand.
Though there is no consensus by experts on the maximum number of times, you should tweet.
You’ll have to do your research to discover what works best for you.
Set up a social media policy. It helps to make sure everyone is clear on your brand voice and message.
A social media policy is essential if you have an intern managing your social media.
Before you can achieve any significant successes from your presence on Twitter, you need to ask yourself two profound, soul-searching questions:
Why Is My Business on Twitter?
Are you interested in having a good start for your brand on Twitter?
Alternatively, do you already have an active presence on Twitter but with no clear-cut goals?
Having a presence on Twitter or any social network for the matter without a goal will soon leave you feeling stumped.
You will not know what to post and how to measure the ROI of your presence on the social network.
Therefore, you need to brainstorm with your team to find an answer to this question. For instance:
- Are you on Twitter to build brand awareness as measured by followers and reach?
- Do you want to use Twitter to create brand engagement as measured by replies and shares?
- Are you interested in community engagement as measured by mentions?
- Do you want to use Twitter to drive traffic to your site or specific pages?
- Are you interested in using Twitter for lead generation as measured by captured email addresses or content downloads?
- Is your presence on the network to find conversions as measured by sales that came from Twitter?
- Do you want to use Twitter for customer service or support as measured by the response time, customer satisfaction scores, and the number of customers served?
Brainstorming these questions will help you to answer the question of why your business is on Twitter.
How Valuable Are My Followers?
A recent survey carried out by Twitter discovered that 90% of the participants surveyed use Twitter each week. With more than half using Twitter every day!
The survey also revealed that a majority of the participants said they plan to purchase from businesses they follow.
The majority of the participants have already purchased from those businesses once or more.
People on Twitter are usually open to discover new and exciting people and brands to follow and interact with their tweets.
This openness makes Twitter a fertile ground for brands to build and grow a community of loyal followers and brand advocates.
The survey mentioned above also discovered that people take actions and engage with businesses on Twitter after finding them on Twitter.
This discovery is why it is essential for you to grow an organic community on Twitter.Brainstorming these questions will help you to answer the question of why your business is on Twitter. Click To Tweet
Gone are the days of buying fake followers or bots on Twitter or any social network for that matter.
If you grow a community of genuine Twitter followers, do you value your community by interacting and engaging with them?
Your followers will feel more positive about your brand, and in the long run, become loyal customers of your brand.
So ask yourself, why is your business on Twitter and how valuable are your followers? Your honest answers to these two questions will help you discover your goal on Twitter.
- How to Use Twitter for Customer Service
- Twitter’s Increase to 280 Characters and Your Brand
- Twitter Polls Examples and Benefits for Your Business
- Is Twitter Really for You?
- 5 Benefits of Twitter for your Business
Did you like the article? Please pin it!