I love writing. So I’m not surprised that the title article for my marketing digest for this week caught my attention. Among other interesting articles, this week we’ll learn how to put an end to overused and incorrect words in writing.
A few days ago I spoke with someone who told me her favourite activity during the lockdown was to tend to her garden. And as you know, I like to explore how we can apply how digital and social media marketing in various industries.
So I came across two articles on how landscapers can use digital marketing. Both articles are interesting. I couldn’t choose which of them to highlight. So I’ll highlight both back-to-backs in this week’s digest. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
The Discrete Art of Repurposing Content
How the least talked about method can solve the biggest challenge of content marketing
- The number one advice most content marketer would give to anyone wanting to get started advertising their business online.
- Repurposing content is sometimes talked about by content marketers, but it is often kept as a secret, or a discrete method to be able to publish a lot of content in a small amount of time.
- Repurposing content is the idea of taking a generally longer piece of content, and to adapt its length, format, and message to publish it to a different platform.
- Efficiency is a significant part of content marketing: you need to be publishing a lot of high-quality and highly-engaging content without spending your entire day creating content.
- This means that you need to create a high volume of content in a limited amount of time.
Accurate Forecast of Digital Marketing Growth
The method of forecasting digital marketing strategies for your brand will yield profitable results.
- In this post, we will take you through some proven ways to forecast the respective digital marketing growth for your business over time.
- This is wherein the role of predicting your digital marketing success over time while selecting the right online marketing platforms for your brand comes in.
- The ultimate goal of such a strategy is to compare various traffic-oriented channel sources while selecting the one that is going to yield the best results for your business.
How Artificial Intelligence Is Transforming the Future of Digital Marketing
AI will also have more application in digital marketing with the uptick in the adoption of technologies such as VR and AR, as commercial use cases of these technologies find wider adoption in retail and other sectors.
- In the past year, online search has had several AI and machine learning developments.
- For example, Google’s BERT technology can process a word in the context of all the other terms in a sentence, rather than one-by-one in order.
- Customisation of search results and the results page based on learnings from past interactions and preferences of a user is another application of machine learning used in search.
- AI has an application in content creation, determining the logic of personalisation and also curating content specific to an individual, using techniques such as natural language generation (NLG).
How Marketing Operations Leaders Can Help Organisations Pivot to Digital Execution
Make no mistake, though: as we move through the crisis phase and into renewal, customers will continue moving to digital channels – and staying there.
- Marketing organisations are being forced to shift to digital content, to deploy it on channels that they may never have used to reach customers before, and to take a hard look at websites that often, were never designed to support independent research.
Utilising Digital Marketing and Branding for Your Landscaping Company
Before customers ever even contact you, they will have already made up their mind 70% based on what they’ve seen online. Are your online reviews going to make the sale or blow the deal?
- The first step to being able to sell big design/build projects by utilising digital marketing is to learn how to generate qualified leads through local SEO.
- The first step of finding what we would consider a qualified lead is to define what is called your Hell.
- Get clear on what you want to offer.
Generating the Right Type of Landscaping Leads with Your Digital Marketing
Regardless of how you start your sales process, whether it be an initial call, text or email, have a prepared script for the employee making contact.
- Now that you’ve started generating leads, it’s time to find out how you can use your professional website design to disqualify bad prospects before they contact you.
- Having a weak brand or a weak online presence creates fear for people they will get burned or screwed over by you.
- Cheap website designs will bring in cheap customers.
- The people are what your customers are going to hire, and employees will want to feel like they are part of the team based on the photos that are showcased.
- Once you are generating these leads, the next step is to create a sales process that can convert profitable customers.
How Your SEO Strategy Needs to Adapt for Developments in 2020
The purpose of your marketing strategy will depend upon the type of business you are seeking to be a part of.
- If you’re already using a CMS (content management system), your marketing campaign may still be successful if you integrate WordPress into your site.
- As an internet marketer, you will want to create powerful web copy that will attract your target audience.
- When developing a marketing strategy for your SEO needs, you should consider your niche and target audience.
- Using this advice, you will be able to find the right niche for your business and your online marketing strategy.
Why SEO & Influence Are Critical to Pandemic Era Content Marketing
Marketing is about optimising for improved performance and the role that organic search plays in pulling customers to your brand’s solutions at the very moment of need is clear.
- The health and economic crisis we are all facing now compound the many other uncertainties of our time including trust and expectations in the brands we buy from.
- While there has generally been a shift from explicit sales/push marketing content to messaging that is more aligned with the times in terms of being more empathetic to customers, purpose-oriented and branding focused, sales expectations still exist.
- To reach those sales goals but without being salesy and tone-deaf, there have been many changes in how marketers reach their customers and one has been a shift towards organic search.
- Understanding that B2B buyers already prefer to pull themselves through most of the sales experience with their own research and content, B2B marketers are emphasising SEO for the current time when field marketing, events and experiential marketing are no longer an option.
Stop with the Overused and Incorrect Words in Your Writing
Overused, incorrect, fuzzy words have plagued writing for centuries. How many of these missteps are you guilty of?
- Play dumb in your writing and readers will silently thank you.
- Before you publish your words, make sure they’re accurate.
- State-of-the-art and industry-leading and biggest, best, or largest are comparison words.
Use of Third Party Brands: Dos and Don’ts in Social Media and Advertising
It is very important for brand owners to be aware of the legal landscape and to understand how they can enforce their rights or reduce their risk if they wish to use a third party’s brand in their advertising
- Do not forget that if your trademark has a reputation, you can prevent third parties from using a mark that is identical or like your mark for any goods and services, where such use of the mark takes unfair advantage of, or is detrimental to, the distinctive character or the repute of your trademark.
- For traditional adverts this is clear, but if your issue is with a post on social media, you may need to consider whether it is an advert and would constitute use, or whether it is a personal (i.e. non-commercial) post.
- Do consider whether the advertisement is likely to mislead consumers or create confusion, denigrates or takes unfair advantage of your brand or is promoting an imitation product.
- Do take steps to protect your brand and minimise potential brand damage (including sending a cease and desist letter or submitting an advertising complaint, where appropriate), bearing the above in mind.
- We have set out some considerations to keep in mind, including ways in which you may be able to decrease the potential risk of action or complaint or support a defence against infringement:
- Do consider whether you need to include the third party’s brand.
Top 10 Proven Hacks to Earn Money Through Digital Marketing
Consistency is the key to success in digital marketing. You need to have patience and be consistent in your efforts.
- Blogging is writing a piece of content or information which can be shared on one’s website to attract traffic and a good piece of work can attract a huge visitor to your landing page and can generate a decent amount of revenue out of AdSense (Google shows ads on a website which generates high traffic and on other parameters as well),
- Affiliate marketing is a good way of earning money from digital marketing, there are lots of companies out there in the market who give commissions to promote products/services to customers and who end up buying the item.
- The best one in the market is Amazon Affiliate Program, where you can make 8-10% commissions on referring a product on your blog or websites by getting affiliate code.
- Selling your goods and services online can any day make you earn money through digital marketing.
- There are several ways by which one can earn money through digital marketing.
How Is Artificial Intelligence Revolutionising the Future of Digital Marketing?
Businesses that are not using AI in their digital strategies might fall behind in the race. This technology is becoming ingrained in our world and enhancing marketing activities.
- It is transforming the way strategies work by collecting and analysing data to improve customer experiences.
- AI-powered marketing software can save you from copy-pasting content for bulk mails.
- Today, marketers optimise their web content based on the search behaviour of consumers.
An Introvert’s Guide to Online Marketing
Caring about your audience and what they want to consume is your number one starting point. Keep this in mind with everything you say, publish and share.
- Applying this to our online marketing strategy offers an immediate benefit.
- Observing and listening to your audience, then taking the time to compose what you want to say means you can ramp up the passion and quality.
- Thought out articles, blog posts, social media posts and even videos provide the opportunity to connect your followers with media that they want to consume.
- The version of yourself that you can portray online can be thought of as the true you.
How Valuable Are Case Studies for Content Marketing?
When you publish your case study, make it available in many formats, including text on your website and in downloadable PDF form.
- In the content marketing realm, there are dozens of types of content you could use to build your reputation, grow an audience, and make more money.
- Case studies come in a variety of forms, ranging from a single page to several pages, and incorporating both written and visual elements.
- A common problem faced by your target demographic, case studies is adept at targeting and appealing to your target audience.
- The language you use throughout the case study, including your descriptions of the problem, will fall in line with the types of keywords and phrases your users will be searching for.
- When you publish your case study, make it available in many formats, including text on your website and in downloadable PDF form.
- 10 Myths about SEO That You Should Stop Believing
- Updating Your Website
- SEO for Small Business Websites
Did you like the article? Please pin it!