The holiday season is fast approaching. So I’ve been reading a lot of topics related to e-commerce, post-purchase marketing, content marketing and search engine optimisation.
This week, I read a lot more than usual and so I have loads of article to share with you in my marketing digest for this week.
But for the sake of time and clarity, I’ll have to select a few. Trust me; there were lots more than this! LOL
Post-purchase Marketing: Direct Messages to Recent Customers Boosts Loyalty
A couple of days ago, I bought something online. I was so delighted when a few days later the merchant called to know if I am enjoying it.
This act is post-purchase marketing. Unfortunately, it is something which most merchants fail to practice.
In the article, we learn how communicating with customers after they have bought something can increase repurchase rates for online retailers.
- The study, from parcelLab, indicates that most online retailers leave post-purchase communication to their courier company.
- Only 11 of Britain’s 100 largest online retailers contact their shoppers during shipping, according to the UK E-commerce Shipping Survey 2019.
- By doing so, parcelLab has revealed that they are missing out on a significant opportunity to increase revenues by boosting customer retention and loyalty.
Marketers Waste 21 Cents per Media Dollar Due to Poor Data Quality
Last year, I had the incredible privilege of testing a costly marketing tool. It was awesome. I was like a kid in a candy store, and I will forever cherish that experience.
It opened my eyes to the value of content marketing and search engine optimisation in our digital world. But, the results would have been much better if not for my poor data quality. I’ve learnt my lesson. So it’s not surprising that the title of this article caught my attention.
- While marketers spend a staggering 32% of their time managing data quality, these efforts aren’t enough to prevent significant waste. Resulting in inaccurate targeting and lost customers, according to new research.
- Per study findings, wasted media spend the highest-ranked repercussion of poor data quality (37%).
Burned by a Marketing Agency, You’re Not Alone
The title of this article made me recall an experience a lady shared with me how she had tried to get a website. Only for her to get burned by the developers/agencies she contracted. Her story was one of the motivations behind my recent article. Enough about my story, let’s get back to the article.
Do you like business horror stories where the good guy wins in the end? Then this story is for you.
- Small Business Trends connected with Invisible World’s owner, Stuart Archer Cohen, to take a look back on what they did to grow. And to hear about what they wish they’d done better.
- According to Cohen, they made costly business mistakes in Invisible World’s early online days.
- Do your basic SEO, a couple of simple advertising tactics and one social media platform, and see what works.
- You’ve read about SEO, or Adwords, or social media, or whatever’s the latest “can’t-miss e-commerce strategy”, but you don’t understand it. Plus you’re too busy running your business to become an expert on it.
Related Article(s)What new business or marketing related articles did you read? Leave a comment below or tweet me @ademolaabimbola with the hashtag #MarketingDigest Click To Tweet
Top SEO Guidelines: How to Improve Google Search Rankings
Every digital marketer desires to improve their search ranking. So we struggle to learn all the latest tips and tricks on how to achieve it. It is why this article caught my attention.
- You can use Google Search Console to submit your site, check errors, and track how your website is performing in search results.
- If you’re using HTML to code your web page, you must include your <title> tag within the <head> element.
11 Social Media Marketing Strategies for E-commerce Websites
When it comes to social media marketing, you have to find the channel your customers are listening to and talk to them there to develop a connection. It’s a continuous circle of testing. This article has 11 solid tips that will help you out.
- Tip 1: Go Live
- Tip 2: Link to Facebook Messenger from Your Website
- Tip 3: Invest in Facebook Ads
- Tip 4: Start Using Shoppable Posts
- Tip 5: Grow Your Followers
Ten Content Marketing Hacks To Drive A Better Customer Experience
As business owners or marketer, it’s not enough for us to create the content. Content creation is only one part of a more extensive process. Activating the content and getting people to read, watch or listen – or engage with your content – is the tough, yet most important, part of the content experience.
It is an interesting article worth reading.
- I came up with a list of content experience strategies and tactics that will help you take the content to your customers. In a way, they will enjoy, pay attention to, and, take action.
- One of the recurring concepts that kept coming up throughout the conference was the idea of repurposing written content to video.
- Make sure you include a call to action (CTA) at the end of the video that gets the customer to take the next step.
- For a marketer, a video has a much higher likelihood of being opened and viewed than a traditional marketing email.
- Once you have that connection, you have a shot at the customer coming back – and even a chance at customer loyalty.
Keystone Bank Nigeria Partners Google, Facebook on Digital Marketing for MSMEs
In a demonstration of its commitment to consistently promote and support the growth and development of the real sector, Keystone Bank Limited has embarked on a series of capacity building training in digital marketing and bookkeeping for their micro, small and medium enterprises customers across Nigeria.
- In Lagos, Benin, Enugu and Onitsha, Keystone Bank in partnership with social media giant, Facebook and Google trained entrepreneurs and self-employed individuals on how to leverage digital social media to achieve their business goals.
- An Executive Director of the bank said they are providing businesses and organisations with the opportunity to expand their customer reach by projecting their message on global platforms such as Facebook thereby promoting widespread exposure
So that’s it for my marketing digest this week.
What about you? What new business or marketing articles did you read? Leave a comment below or tweet me with the hashtag #MarketingDigest
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to read this. I appreciate you. Please, share it with your friends.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!