Permit to start this week’s digest with an update from my country on how the Ondo state government partners Facebook to train youths on digital marketing.
After all, they say charity begins at home.
Ondo State Government Partners Facebook to Train Youths on Digital Marketing
I’m thrilled to learn that the Ondo state government has partnered Facebook via its partners, 360 media. They intend to organise a capacity building youth training on digital marketing for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) owners in the state.
- The idea is to see small and medium enterprise owners in the state to grow their businesses using social media as a tool for the sale of the companies.
7 Google Algorithm Updates You Need to Be Aware Of
Every year, Google rolls about 200 algorithm updates. It makes life challenging for SEO practitioners. Though the majority of these updates go unnoticed, some have far-reaching implications. These are the ones highlighted in this article. Anyone with a website will benefit from reading this article.
- Google Panda: This update will evaluate the site based on the quality of the content.
- Google Penguin: This update will evaluate the website based on the link profile.
- Google pigeon: To enjoy a high search ranking, you need to create top-quality content in your niche and use location-related keywords
- Google Hummingbird: It interprets the intent of the user behind a query and shows webpages that are most qualified for a task.
- Google Payday Loan: This algorithm targeted several high-risk SEO methods used for a high rank.
How Much Should You Spend on Social Media Marketing?
When it comes to social media marketing, I usually encourage business owners to do what they can. It’s when social media marketing is becoming burdensome for them that I’ll tell them to outsource it to me. So one of the first questions I get asked is: How much? So for you to appreciate why I charge what I do, read this article.
- It’s a simple case of supply and demand, and social media platforms are limiting the numbers.
- On Facebook, for example, organic reach touches less than 5 per cent of your audience on average.
- That’s not to say you should stop using digital platforms altogether.
How to Create Content That Makes You Stand Out
Everyone seems to have jumped on the content marketing train in one form or the other. So how can you ensure that your content will make you stand out from all that noise? Standing out from the crowd and creating content that’ll win your audience’s attention is a lofty task. Here’s how to get it right
- Virtually everyone seems to have hopped on the content marketing train in some way, shape or form. It means the amount of content floating around the online universe is exploding at rates that are tough to keep up.
- Standing out from the crowd and creating content that’ll win your audience’s attention is a lofty task.
- While creative titles can be fun, make sure they are informative. Let the reader can feel confident that diving into your post will be worth their time. And that they’ll find the kind of information they were searching for in the first place.
- Instead of merely guessing when the time is right to reach out to clients with certain kinds of content, utilise data to get it right.
- Why You Must Be Thinking About Content Marketing
- The Best Advice about Content Marketing You Have Ever Heard
Surprise and Delight: A Great Customer Service Concept. Or Is It?
However, what if customers don’t want to be surprised? Customers want a quick and effortless resolution to their problems. Watch this fascinating 10-minute video to learn more. You won’t regret it.
- When talking about customer experience, every business owner has probably heard the phrase “surprise and delight your customer”.
- Shep discusses a recent article he published entitled, The Difference Between “Surprise and Delight” and Just “Delight”.
How to Refocus on the Audience for More Effective Content Marketing
Here’s the big question: Beyond learning about your brand, which will enrich their lives in many exciting ways, what is your consumer getting out of your content? When creating content, are you genuinely putting the customer first, or is it your brand? This interesting article will help you refocus.
- Creating or deepening a brand relationship can’t be the only reason your content exists.
- Raising brand awareness can’t be the only reason your content exists.
- What follows are four questions that marketers commonly ask when creating content.
- Before you start the next content planning session, take a step back. Ask these new questions, and confirm that you’re focused on your audience, rather than asking your audience to focus on you.
How Do I Increase My Domain Authority in 2019?
DA is a metric developed by Moz that determines a site’s overall authority in its area and its potential usefulness to users. Sites with higher clout are more likely to rank high in search engine results and will, therefore, receive more traffic. So how can you increase your domain authority in 2019? Read this new article to find out.
- DA is a metric developed by Moz that determines a site’s overall authority in its area and its potential usefulness to users.
- Sites with higher authority are more likely to rank high in search engine results and will, therefore, receive more traffic.
- The higher the score, the more trustworthy a site (theoretically), and it will receive higher placement in search engines.
- Generally, the higher the quality of content on your site, the higher your DA will be.
Social Media Marketing: Trends and Opportunities
We conclude this week’s digest by looking at trends and opportunities in social media marketing. As with all marketing channels, social media is continually evolving. Business owners need to keep abreast of all the tendencies and opportunities to get ahead in your business.
- 50% of consumers said that seeing user-generated content would increase their chances of buying products through a brand’s social media.
- As seen in the earlier stats, Facebook remains one of the most popular social media platforms, but Instagram is quickly catching up.
- According to a new report by Sprout Social, 7 in 10 social marketers say that increasing brand awareness is one of their top goals when it comes to social marketing.
- Potential audience reach takes into consideration factors such as demographics and popularity among age groups.
- Consumers follow brands on social media to learn about new products or services (50%), to be entertained (48%), or to stay up to date on company news (40%).
Did you read any interesting articles this week that you would like to share? See you next week.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!