With all the global anxiety that has come upon us these past months, this week’s marketing digest will focus on the new social media marketing and much more.
Let’s get started.
Don’t Give Customers What They Want.
In a world of immediate, endless, curated choices and interruptions where digital marketing promises to deliver ultra-personalisation, what can the growing importance of surprise mean to build brand value? How do you create the unexpected that will make heads turn in an age of AI algorithms and short attention spans? Read on to find out.
- The unstoppable rise of the Googles of this world has time and time again showed the importance of AI to create value from data for businesses to succeed.
- This included real-world T-shirts that unlock infinite slogans via AR filters on your social feeds and virtual drop collections you can buy to overlay over your social photos.
- The improved algorithm of our favourite digital platforms know us so well that they only show us what we like.
- Digital Paradox: on the one hand, we are more connected than ever: allowing smart objects to infiltrate our homes, spending more time on screens and feeds every day of our life.
Only 41% of Marketing Info Useful for Leads.
When asked what would most impact their ability to convert leads to sales, the most common factor cited was increased trust from prospects. Other factors included being able to provide third party proof about their company’s products and services, followed by the leaders of their company being perceived as experts within their respective fields.
- Technology businesses in the UK are losing out on potential revenue because there is a disconnect between their sales and marketing efforts according to new research.
- Bridging the Gap, a new study by Champion Communications and Pure Potential in partnership with techUK, found that only 41% of marketing collateral is deemed useful in conversations with prospects.
- According to a survey of more than 200 individuals working in sales and business development roles within their organisations, only 41% of marketing collateral was deemed useful in their efforts to secure new business.
How to Develop Your Millennials’ Communication Skills for the Sales Workplace
Here is how to best train younger salespeople in these “soft,” relational sales skills without losing out on their technological contributions.
- Instead of focusing on relationship development, sales and ongoing personal and professional development, Millennials seem fixated on creating efficient systems for moving leads down a pipeline.
- Despite the benefits and popularity of online sales tools, the best salespeople, from real estate to enterprise software, know that sales is about people.
- Here is how to best train younger salespeople in these soft, relational sales skills without losing out on their technological contributions.
– If your Millennial employees lack soft sales skills, then show what it means to foster a relationship with prospects.
The New Social Media Marketing.
Reconsider social media marketing under a different set of lenses, without the weight of your already-formed assumptions, and ask yourself what more we could do with it.
- A study analyzed over 130 million website sessions, over 330 million in online revenue over the 12 months from November 2018 to October 2019, and surveyed over 300 people across Europe, the UK, and the US.
- All of it, intending to find key performance indicators that marketers like us could use as early trend signals.
- Just five years back, their 2016 report was already accurately signalling trends about paid search, mobile traffic, and conversion rates correlations.
- So, as you set out to draft the foundations of your marketing strategy for the next five years, take a step back.
Role of Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing.
The whole idea of AI in digital marketing is focused to deliver more personalized and tailor-made solutions to customers addressing the key sore spot.
- Customizable Scrum boards and Kanban boards See the big picture with roadmaps Automate certain processes with its robust API Create custom filters using Jira Query Language Integration with multiple apps.
- Visualize tasks and switch between Gantt, calendar, grid, and chart views Get automated reminders to keep your teammates on schedule Seamless integration with G Suite, Outlook, Workplace Chat, and other apps Work on the go with Smartsheet’s mobile app.
- Standard coverage involves state minimum coverage, along with collision coverage.
That’s it for this week. Do you want to receive this Weekly Marketing Digest in your inbox? Click here to subscribe.
- Understanding Social Media Marketing
- How to Market on Social Media
- 7 Signs That You Should Invest in Social Media Marketing
- 35 Common Misconceptions about Social Media Marketing
Did you like the article? Please pin it!