PPC advertising for getting targeted placement in search engines and niche websites for adverts.
Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook ads, etc. are just a few of the many PPC ad networks that you can use.
Unlike SEO that is long-term, PPC is immediate! These ad network websites give you access to tools to track various aspects of your PPC campaigns.
You can track your advert copy, CTA (call to action), customer demographics, etc. Study what works, what does not and how to improve your PPC campaigns.
The ability to target and analyse your PPC campaigns will enable you to maximise your PPC budget.
How Can You Set up a Successful PPC Campaign?
Here are my favourite tips for a successful PPC campaign:
- Base your PPC campaign on the products and services you are selling. Set up a separate PPC campaign for each of your products or services. For best results, each of your product or service must have its unique page to direct your PPC campaign.
- If your products or services are on a single page, it is still good to create a separate campaign for each. It will enable you to analyse, track and adjust your campaign drive.
- Is your product or service targeted to a particular region or country? Some PPC ad networks have geographic targeting features to enable you to focus your adverts. These days most people use mobile devices to visit websites. So create separate campaigns for mobile and desktop devices.
- Ensure you optimised your website for mobile devices. Create separate campaigns for text and display ads. It will help you analyse and track which is performing best. Then you can divide more of your advertising budget to the best performing campaign.
- Ensure that your ad copy (the text of your advert) is simple and enticing. Include your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) and use compelling calls to action.
- If you are having a sales promotion, include promotional prices, discounts etc. These will help to attract your potential customers to your advert. You should guide them on what to do next to get your product or service.
- Have separate groups of keywords for each of your products or services. Use keywords from each group in crafting the ad copy.
- Create a separate list of negative keywords. Negative keywords are those that you don’t want to trigger your adverts. Based on your campaign data, any keyword that is wasting your budget is your negative keyword.
- Do not set it up your PPC campaign and forget it! Use the tools available to you on your ad network to track your ad campaigns daily
- Review time of day and day of week performance and adjusting your campaign drive as required. Include all relevant tracking codes in your PPC ads to track paid-search visitors. Also, create and review A/B tests to know which of your ads is performing well and which is not.
These are my top tips for setting up a successful PPC campaign. Do you want to start a PPC campaign but don’t know how to begin?
Want to take your PPC campaign to the next level? Contact us, and we’ll be glad to help! Thanks for reading. I hope you find this information helpful?
Then, please consider using the buttons below to share it with your friends. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to ask using the comment box below.
See you next time.