In this week’s marketing digest, we explore what’s on the mind of the modern CMO (chief marketing officer) and some other interesting articles.
Let’s dig in.
What’s on the Mind of the Modern CMO?
Showing financial impact of marketing teams, understanding customers points of views, collaborating with other departments and gaining support for marketing programs are some real-world issues CMOs need to contend with. And you need to show how your tactics roll up to ringing the cash register.
- Back to the real world: chief marketing officers still have their challenges with which to contend: showing financial impact of marketing teams, understanding customers points of views, collaborating with other departments and gaining support for marketing programs.
- So the KPIs that drive revenue growth at your organization could be pipeline velocity, average contract value, year-over-year account growth, net new business, etc, etc.
- CMSWire caught up with a fellow CMO leading marketing efforts at a marketing technology company and a former CMO who shared some optimism for the role despite the countless expectations placed on the marketing leader’s shoulders.
- We provide articles, research and events for sophisticated professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices.
Most Spam Emails come from China, the US, and Germany
When you read stories in the media about spam, you may believe that all spam originates from so-called Third World countries. So the title of this article stating otherwise grabbed my attention. It’s informative and educative.
- According to Statista.com, over 50% of emails sent worldwide in 2018 were spam emails and unwanted ads.
- Their goal is to have you open a spam email and click on suspicious links or even download an attachment that hides malware.
No One Can Break Your Content Rules If They Don’t Exist
These days we celebrate the rule-breakers. We’re taught that great leaders take risks and disrupt the status quo. They innovate by breaking the established rules with something better. Until the rule breaker breaks a rule that we like.
- Complaints from content marketing teams often reveal an imbalance of operating models
- Other teams in the company started creating their own content assets because the content marketing team couldn’t keep up with demand.
- One of the biggest trends we see is content marketing teams being asked to take on much more than creating cool blogs, resource centres, and content hubs.
- We see the team as a service organization that publishes content to the corporate website, creates blog posts for the lifestyle blog they manage and provides some support for the customer service team.
- They become part of the whole content team, not just the team managing regional content.
Know the Latest Trends in The B2B Digital Marketing Solutions
This the article explores the new trending technologies in the domain of digital marketing which every firm must follow.
- With social media being the next biggest platform for marketing, ignoring it will be hara-kiri for a digital marketer.
- It is very important to integrate social media and your website to gain an upper hand.
- A responsive website allows it to be carried across different platforms.
Why the Royalty-free Music Space Is the Perfect Niche for AI
A solid brand audio identity can be a powerful tool for any organisation, and music is the most powerful element of this. The importance of having a distinctive ‘sound’ is fast becoming as important as having a recognisable appearance, particularly considering the growing popularity of the “audio first” strategy. This is true for brands of every size, from the smallest YouTubers to the biggest multinationals.
- Looks at the growing trend of big brands offering free music for businesses’, and how machine-learning platforms are inventing a whole new category of music within a growing industry.
- It’s no surprise that the market providing music to business is booming but to the detriment of the artists creating it.
- Creators and brands have resorted to using stock music.
6 Ways to Use Quora to Boost Your Marketing Efforts
Here’s a look at six ways that marketers can leverage Quora to improve their strategic approach.
Quora may not be the best known social media platform, but its unique use case, and growing community, can make it a great resource for researching and improving your campaigns – or conducting Quora ad campaigns in their own right.
Anyone with a Quora account can answer questions and including a reference is the easiest way to drop a link in your answer.
It’s worth taking the time to build a profile to help people find you.
Quora could prove effective as a headhunting tool, or at least, a channel to find great talent to work on business projects.
Email Marketing Trends for 2020: Proven Essentials
We look at the tactics and technologies in the high adoption–high impact quadrant. The technologies and tactics in this quadrant are mature but still deliver tremendous results.
- To help you focus on your email marketing efforts this year, we surveyed Oracle CX Marketing Consulting’s over 500 digital marketing experts, asking them to rate the current adoption of a range of email marketing technologies and tactics and their predicted impact during 2020.
- Sophisticated mailbox providers-hello, Gmail-will focus on inbox placement based on engagement.
- Personalisation has always been a hot and savvy way to engage customers.
- One of the key reasons that email personalisation has become easier is the adoption of modular email architectures.
- Setting up an agile modular email architecture is key to delivering persona-based personalised messages.
The 5 Cs of Content Marketing Copy
Every good piece of content is clear, concise, compelling and credible, and has a call to action. Let’s look at each element of the Five C’s formula in more detail.
- When you understand your subject matter, know your audience and have a useful and important idea you want to convey, the clarity of your writing will reflect that.
- Not only will your prospects find the messages more credible, but these publications will also speed up your ascent to a subject matter expert (SME) status in your niche.
- Entrepreneur members get access to exclusive offers, events and more.
How to Use Google Analytics to Renew Content Marketing
Identifying evergreen and renewal content can help you divide marketing resources and understand what is working and what can work with a little marketing effort.
- This valuable content, called evergreen content, eliminates the need for spending on media to gain customer attention.
- This content, called renewal content, can expand search optimization around keyword phrases, strengthen the online presence of a brand, and expand the customer experience through associated media.
- A few analytics report metrics help in identifying which content falls under which bucket.
- In Google Analytics you can use the “all content” report or the “landing pages” report for guidance.
- Once you determine a renewal content post, review that page’s content and think of ways you can add to or enhance what’s there.
Online Shoppers Desire Personalization (but Demand Privacy)
The research, from Episerver, found that while 53% of global consumers want brands to place a higher priority on respecting their online anonymity in 2020, 61% want companies to prioritise personalisation as much as they did last year
- Online shoppers are at odds with their desire for personalised digital experiences from brands and their demand for privacy, according to new data.
- The warranted concern among consumers around their data privacy and online security is preventing once-promising selling channels from reaching mass appeal.
How to Win at Content Marketing in 2020
Whatever your content marketing approach, the job is always far from done – it’s important to test its strength, value and impact to ensure it is getting the desired reactions from the right markets. If it’s not working, be prepared to adapt until it is.
- One of the key trends is the growing preference for social images and video, according to the 2019 Content Trends Survey.
- Visual content gives companies more creativity and freedom to forge bonds with consumers; it gives them a way to express their identity and values and deliver company announcements and dedicated campaigns.
- Brands successful in creating this feeling do so with a brand persona conveying characteristics and values that will appeal and resonate with customers and prospective customers.
- Your customers (or prospective customers) look to social media for an authentic connection to a brand in a more engaging and entertaining way.
- To build a bank of user-generated content, try encouraging more customers to create and share content via giveaways and challenges, or working with influencers to broaden your reach.
So that’s our marketing digest for the week and the last one for this month. If you have questions, queries or criticisms, let’s have them.
- CMOs are Overlooking Key Opportunities to Drive Growth Through SEM
- Perpetual Evolution: Marketing Towards a Digitally-driven Future
- 5 Ways to Use Psychology to Improve Your Content Marketing
- What the World Would Be like If Digital Marketing Didn’t Exist
Did you like the article? Please pin it!