Welcome to another edition of our weekly marketing digest, a summary of marketing-related articles I’ve read this past week. This week our title article is on how to sell a tale: the power of stories in marketing.
10 Psych Principles to Attract and Grow Your Audience
By anchoring your B2B strategy on human psychology, you will attract and convert more members of your audience.
- Principle 1: Reciprocity
- Principle 2: Scarcity
- Principle 3: Authority
- Principle 4: Novelty
- Principle 5: Paradox of choice
How to Be a Successful YouTuber: Joining the Creator Community
Becoming the next big YouTube sensation like PewDiePie will be tough as it is a long process, which will take a lot of hard work and planning. It is vital to gauge what you think success is and your YouTube channel’s end goal.
- Attempt to make an upload schedule for your videos. For example, always try to upload on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Having a consistent upload schedule allows your subscribers to know when to check your channel to see the new content you have uploaded.
- Depending on what type of content you make, it is important to put keywords in your YouTube titles as they are more likely to show when someone searches for that kind of video.
- If you look at all the big channels on YouTube, they usually promote their social media accounts both in their videos then once again in the description.
- Making money via YouTube monetisation is important, but it should not come off the cost of entertaining your viewers. Longer videos can be better for revenue but could result in your videos becoming a drag to watch.
- Collaborating with a channel that produces similar content to yours means that people are more likely to subscribe because they are already watching videos from a similar channel.
How to Sell a Tale: The Power of Stories in Marketing
Stories in marketing, whether fiction or non-fiction, require a few foundational elements to carry weight: character, conflict and theme.
- However, a story, fictional or otherwise, can persuade in ways which facts won’t and communicate the brand value that case studies can’t.
- Stories in marketing, where the customer is first, and selling is secondary, take a few different forms Origin stories of your company, its people or its products.
- Customer experience stories like case studies, testimonials and reviews
IBM Bets Homomorphic Encryption Is Ready to Deliver Stronger Data Security for Early Adopters
Homomorphic encryption enables the processing of private data using machine learning without giving access to it.
- Companies have been developing confidential computing to allow data to remain encrypted while it is being processed.
- In a recent media presentation on the future of cryptography, IBM director of strategy and emerging technology Eric Maass explained why the company is so bullish on “fully homomorphic encryption” (FHE).
- “FHE is a unique form of encryption, and it’s going to allow us to compute upon data that’s still in an encrypted state,” Maass said.
- “This is aimed at helping our clients start to begin to prototype and experiment with fully homomorphic encryption with two primary goals,” Maass said.
- “FHE will allow us to secure that type of collaboration, extracting the value of the data while still preserving the privacy of it,” Maass concluded.
How to Create Video Content That Converts
When you’re creating a video content strategy, determine what stage of the marketing funnel most of your target audience is in.
- Customers often refer to the information found on educational video content to make purchase decisions 90% in fact.
- For example, those in the decision stage might benefit from a product review video or a case study video. In contrast, those in the awareness stage might benefit more from an educational or how-to video blog post that addresses a pain point.
- Then write a script, ensuring your introduction piques interest within the first few seconds. It includes at least 1 call to action (CTA), whether your goal is to ask viewers to subscribe to your video channel, like your content or something else.
- While programs and processes may vary a bit, generally, these steps will apply when you’re looking to create video content.
- Most viewers watch video content marketing on a mobile device, so be sure your video display is mobile responsive.
TikTok Live: How to Live-Stream Your Way to More Business
In this article, you’ll find a five-step scripting structure to plan TikTok Live broadcasts that further your business goals.
- Once the number of live viewers starts to climb a bit, pause at an appropriate time and ask viewers to follow your account on another platform, opt into your freebie, or whatever your goal might be.
- Please make a list of topics you want to discuss and define your live stream’s goals, whether it’s selling a product or service, getting someone to follow you on another social media platform, or having them opt into your list.
What are Long-Tail Keywords? A Guide for Bloggers.
Using this tactic for SEO can give you SEO traffic even in crowded and saturated niches.
- This isn’t too high, but you also need to calculate that online marketing is a very saturated niche – with high ticket marketers competing for term.
- Google’s tool, Keyword Planner, which is part of Google Adwords, can also be handy when looking for keyword suggestions.
- Many bloggers make a massive mistake when optimising for long-tail keywords: They optimise for one keyword only!
So what marketing-related articles have you read recently? Is there any article or topic you feel we should include in our digest? Please send me a tweet @ademolaabimbola or @mauconline. God-willing, I’ll be back again next week.
- Types of Video Marketing
- Some of The Worst Advice I’ve Ever Heard About Social Media Marketing
- What Are the Types of Digital Marketing?
- Ways for Your Business to Stay Ahead During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- How to Use Twitter to Skyrocket Your Search Engine Rankings
Did you like the article? Please pin it!