In my marketing digest for this week, we look at how to get the most out of video marketing and other interesting articles.
Let me know what you think.
Your 2020 Guide on How to Get the Most out of Video Marketing
No matter what you’re creating or selling, it’s all about storytelling. And what better way is there to tell a story these days than through video? Here are some of the latest video content marketing trends and tips for 2020.
- From creating webinars to putting short clips in emails, a video marketing strategy is a must if you want to engage with your audience to improve brand awareness and boost leads and sales.
- It doesn’t take long to create short yet engaging clips compared to writing an article or blog.
- You could also use email to give people a sneak peek of more extended footage on your website.
- It’s important to remember that each social media platform has rules around how long your digital marketing videos can be.
Starting a Digital Marketing Agency – First Steps to Take
I get requests from persons on LinkedIn, asking advice on how to pivot into digital marketing. So much so that I now hate the word pivot. Anyway, this article will be of benefit to you in case you’re thinking of starting your digital marketing agency.
- With a realistic business vision, along with the right planning and resources, your new digital agency business can thrive and succeed beyond expectations.
- To start a digital marketing agency, you must reach out to relevant people and build relationships before you can provide them with value with your services.
- Your business goals must be Specific, Measurable, Aspirational, Realistic and Time-bound.
- Adapt the required skills and build strong customer relationships before you board the agency bandwagon.
Full article: https://www.business2community.com/digital-marketing/starting-a-digital-marketing-agency-first-steps-to-take-02278263
How SEO Is Changing in 2020
Digital marketing and social media marketing is dynamic. There’s never a dull moment. If it’s not Google keeping you on your toes with one of their hundreds of algorithm updates, then it’s Facebook, Twitter and so on. There’s no room for complacency. That’s why the title of this article caught my attention.
- The purpose of Google search engine algorithms is to search through relevant databases and deliver results to search queries.
- Here are the latest significant updates in the Google algorithm that can help SEO analysts, online marketers and content writers to change their SEO strategies.
- Google’s Panda update released in February 2011 has the aim of returning higher-quality sites near the top of search results and lowering the rank of websites that had scant or poor-quality content.
- To comply, website owners should check their websites for plagiarized content, scant content and keyword stuffing.
- Website owners can comply by auditing backlinks for quality and tracking their growth profile by the links using tools such as SpyGlass.
3 Content Marketing Ideas For Associations in 2020
Since it’s almost February, now is an excellent time to learn about the ways your peers plan to showcase their brands this year. If your plan doesn’t include addressing at least one of the trends below, it might already be time to amend your strategy.
- Personalization: Creating Goldilocks Content
- Multimedia: Delivering More Than Text Experiences
- POV Editorial: Developing a Consistent Perspective for Your Content Program
How Will AI Change the Future of SEO?
We already see the beginnings of a full-scale AI revolution in SEO, and search marketers are scrambling to keep pace with the changes. But what will the next few years bring? What about the next decade?
- It’s designed to test the context of user queries, rather than the exact contents; rather than prioritizing exact match keywords, Hummingbird allowed Google to consider synonyms, related phrases, and more.
- Over the years, Google has gotten better at analyzing the quality of content and links from websites; search marketers have evolved from trying to trick Google’s algorithm; to producing their best possible work.
- Based on your historical searches and search data from millions of other users like you, Google may be able to recommend searches or search results before you even know you need them.
- As Google gets better at dissecting user queries with RankBrain and Hummingbird and becomes better at parsing the web with smart algorithms, I suspect we’ll see even more of these user-attention-grabbing entries.
- AI-based content generators are becoming more advanced and more common. Search marketers may be able to use them to produce and distribute content good enough to “fool” Google’s algorithms.
11 Reasons Why You Should Use a Docuseries in Your Content Strategy
A good docuseries can be the perfect dose of reality for a brand’s content marketing formula for 2020.
- Script Your Docuseries Story
- Show Off Your Skillset
- LOL & Entertainment
- Attract Future Talent
- Unexplored Territory & Taboo Topics
How Predictive Advertising Is Changing the Future of Digital Marketing
Given the value and competitive edge it brings, most businesses are looking at applying predictive advertising to improve the relevancy of their campaigns.
- Facebook Similar Audiences use predictive advertising to study audience behaviour, anticipate customer needs, increase click-through rates, and drive business profits.
- Using the cluster models and content automation with AI to produce high-quality content tailored to a specific audience or persona type.
- So, use the power of machine learning, statistical models, and behavioural data to identify relevant audiences and expand your targeting efforts.
3 Steps to Tell Brand Stories that Instantly Sticks to Your Consumers’ Hearts
Whether you are creating a story to promote your brand or to showcase your mission values, make sure to include facts, not a made-up story.
- “On a cold night in Paris, two people set forth for a conference but could not find a taxi to take them to the venue. This helpless condition made the duo invent an on-demand taxi app—Uber.”
- “Today, Uber has reached 60+ countries, 404 worldwide cities, and is available in 22 languages. And counting.”
Full article: https://www.business2community.com/branding/3-steps-to-tell-brand-stories-that-instantly-sticks-to-your-consumers-hearts-02278941
When is the right time to launch an app for your business?
There is a time for everything. So, if you’re thinking of launching an app for your business doing so at the right time is critical. It will ensure the success of the app. So when is the right time to launch an app for your business? Read the article to find out.
- You might develop an app that helps customers interact more with your business or one that helps to drive efficiency in internal processes.
- Even with an app intended for your customers or people within your business, you need to ensure the onboarding process is seamless so that the app can provide the value it’s supposed to deliver.
- Push notifications and email campaigns are effective ways to encourage engagement and remind users that the app is there on their device ready to add value in the way that it’s intended.
- Working with a developer that can provide strategic consultancy around marketing, engagement, performance and management on top of building the app to your requirements will be essential to its success.
This edition is my last weekly digest for January! Thanks for taking the time to read this. I appreciate it. Subscribe to my newsletter to receive this marketing digest in your inbox.
Let’s make it a date again next week.
- Types of Content for Your Video Marketing
- Here’s How to Start Using Video Marketing
- Reasons Why Video is Good for Your Content Marketing
Did you like the article? Please pin it!