This week’s marketing digest looks at how to create an authentic brand story that actually improves trust.
What Is Content Curation And How Can You Use It For Your Blog And Marketing
Content curation ALWAYS gives credit to the creator of content, and content curation at its best should also add something from you.
- This form of content curation is the simple concept of sharing other people’s content on your social media channels.
- You do not sell this content off as your own, you simply share a link to the original piece of content on someone else’s website or blog.
- For instance, if you are not an expert on SEO but you want to cover the topic on your blog, you can do research for some outstanding blog posts on SEO and choose the best of them to curate into a blog post you publish on your blog.
- Or you can use tools like Feedly or even Twitter lists to follow a couple of content sources on one topic in one place.
How to Humanise PPC Ads
Google offers different ways of adding images to PPC ads through the Discovery ads image extensions option, or you could use Facebook’s carousel ads.
- You might already know one advantage of humanising your digital marketing: the competitive edge.
- Your buyer personas let you create relevant ads by giving you a clearer idea of your potential customers’ search terms.
- Use your personas to humanise your PPC ads by understanding where your ideal buyers hang out.
- There’s a lesson here for every advertiser: Think like your ideal audience and create innovative alternative ways to reach them.
5 Things You Need To Know About Posting On Social Media On Weekends
Some people who do not have time or access to social media or cannot consume content during the week use the weekend to surf and discover content on the weekend.
1. You can reach a different audience
2. Buying and consumer behaviour is different on weekends
3. You can use the weekends to show more personality
Why Covid-19 Has Taught Content Marketers the Importance of Going Back to Basics
Many brands successfully pivoted their content strategies during lockdown to add actual value in answering their customers’ everyday problems–becoming a go-to resource.
- Pizza Express, for example, switched content focus to offer parents inspiration for fun games and activities at home, while Joe Wicks’ almost-overnight online PE teaching success was solely down to his ability to read his audience and provide uplifting content to improve health and mindsets.
- At the height of the pandemic, content marketers simply had to continue to do what they do best, and leading with empathy was a sure-fire way to get on people’s radars.
- It’s taken a global crisis to remind content marketers of the crucial need for agility and flexibility within strategies.
Advantages of a Power Domain
This is true for every company in every industry–your company name is how clients find and remember you, so it better be good.
- Even though I think food is better at “Cozy Yum Bites,” most customers do not know what kind of cuisine they serve.
- Using domain names like the signs that hang outside of restaurants, search engines like Google utilise domain names as a key metric for assessing the relevance of your site to a search query.
- Of the six top search results that are included in this image, two of them contain the words “Austin” and “locksmith” in the site’s root domain, and two more results contain those keywords in the URL’s extended path.
- Our business owner (or SEO consultant) finds that “auto body” is a fairly popular search term for the local industry and recommends that the business website use a domain with those keywords.
How to Create an Authentic Brand Story that Actually Improves Trust
Storytelling is all the rage. More and more brands understand the power of stories to transform their online presence and build trust.
- Successful neural coupling produces greater comprehension, understanding, anticipation, and receptivity.
- Brand stories should be told with the brand persona and the writer’s personality at centre stage.
When a customer purchases your product, they must feel as if they are buying a part of your brand story.
- Get Others To Tell Your Story Encourage customers to share your story in their own words.
6 Steps to Help You Decide Whether to Optimise Your Failed Content
Content optimisation articles usually focus on making pretty good pieces better. This one explains what to do with the rest.
- Check for the content marketing sweet spot
- Browse your own library
- Set your content tilt
Trust and the Search for Answers: How Influence Optimises SEO Performance
Even when companies make the investment to create “great content”, without signals of trust and credibility, those content and SEO investments fall short of being a mediocre user experience.
- More than ever, it is important for marketers that are striving to capture the fast-growing opportunities coming from increased use of channels like search to go beyond simply creating great content that is SEO friendly.
- Creating the best answer content that is findable in search involves the keyword research and content optimisation that you would expect along with core web vitals and tech SEO, internal link optimisation, and the attraction of relevant links into the site/pages from other websites.
- Activating influencers in SEO friendly ways can mean collaborating on keyword specific content that lives on the brand website or the influencer’s channels.
- Identify experts creating on-topic content with great search visibility
That’s all I’ve got for you this week in our marketing digest. Join me again next week for another edition. Cheers.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!