Another week has gone by! In my weekly marketing digest, I highlight articles on how CMOs are overlooking key opportunities to drive growth through SEM and other exciting topics.
CMO’s are Overlooking Key Opportunities to Drive Growth Through SEM
Despite the continued investment in search engine marketing (SEM), chief marketing officers (CMOs) have conflicting views on how this channel is used and its value as a digital marketing function.
- Adthena’s 2019 Survey of CMOs Uncovered Marketing Executives’ Perceptions Towards Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and the Opportunities They May Be Overlooking
- A promising 64% of Marketing Executives note that they use search metrics to guide or optimise future strategy. The lack of communication of these critical insights across the C-Suite could cause a disconnect in overall business strategy.
- It shows another missed opportunity for CMOs to identify new market opportunities, optimising performance, and protecting mindshare as competition continues to rise.
- Based on these results, our survey reveals that CMOs recognise the strategic value of SEM.
Things You Need to Know About Social Media & SEO
Just the other day, I was discussing with someone about the dynamic nature of the search engine optimisation and social media marketing space how things can change in the twinkle of an eye. In the 21st century, social media has become widely crucial for SEO for different reasons.
- Social media can influence search engine optimisation or SEO.
- Social media SEO are the activities that can raise a website’s traffic through search engines, thanks to Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
- With the right keywords, links, and meta tags, it can help a site get to the front of Google’s search results.
- The post Things You Need to Know About Social Media & SEO appeared first on Social Media Explorer.
Demand Gen Rises When Quality Content Meets Good Tech
Delivering high-quality content that drives action takes much time and a consistent effort. Demand generation and audience engagement solutions can streamline the journey from awareness to intent to conversion.
- Recently, I asked a demand gen thought leader to share his views on applying these tech solutions to key tasks like crafting an inviting content experience, reaching marketing-averse audiences, and keeping the conversation focused and flowing over the long term.
- If @blackflagband’s Rise Above doesn’t get you ready to take on the world, check your pulse, says @4markb.
- With webinars, people think of their engagement opportunities as just a little Q&A at the end of a presentation; but today we are seeing companies engaging their webinar audiences in a variety of ways – including polling, surveys, chat features, social media integrations, and gamification.
- These are fun interview shows, coffee talks, and chat shows, where people act like people.
- If you’re looking for guidance on selecting, implementing, or applying marketing technology to your content marketing challenges, tweet your questions, tagging @cmicontent using #ContentTECH.
Stop Reporting on Hotel Digital Marketing in a Vacuum
In last week’s marketing digest, an article on the content marketing strategy of the world’s largest hotel brand caught my attention. This week, another article on marketing in the hospitality industry caught my attention. It says, if you report on digital marketing in a vacuum, without the proper context, you could steer your ship in the wrong direction.
– One of the biggest challenges hotel DOSMs face when reporting to ownership is understanding how much importance to give digital marketing.
– A good marketing report will reveal increases in revenue from the website year over year.
– The product is another element that could impact your hotel’s performance.
– Another factor influencing property performance could be the market.
3 Reasons Digital Marketing Benefits New Businesses
Digital marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the Internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers.
- Using a combination of social and digital campaigns will help to find an audience, get people interested, and generate traffic.
- Besides the improved search rank, your online visibility and branding will also improve, which will provide recognition and help to increase conversions and referrals.
- No matter the industry, location, product or service, online visibility and recognition are crucial to getting your business introduced and established with your audience of potential customers.
- Once established, it is essential to continue these efforts to continue to grow your business and generate more interest.
How to Make a Master Content Marketing Plan for 2019 and Beyond
With over 500 million blogs existing in the web world (and still growing), only a few paved their way to the user’s minds like a brand. Not only because of content but because of content marketing.
- In 2019, where content is ruling search engines, social media, and online businesses, Bill Gates’ prophecy proved 100% true.
- The content size will increase in different forms, including blogs, videos, images, and podcasts.
- To win the race, brands create specific content for the targeted audience, which clears their way to branding, awareness, and conversion.
- It helps brands to create the right content for the right audience.
How to Use Content Marketing to Fill Your Sales Funnel
The sales funnel is universal for any brand or business that is looking to sell products or services. Rather than rely on traditional marketing methods, consider marketing your brand or business with content.
- It’s about creating a culture of using content to drive results that matter – results like traffic, leads and sales.
- Good content marketing tactics affect all levels of the sales funnel and drive results.
- This portion of the funnel is all about casting a wide net and getting new prospects to want to learn more about your brand or business.
- Typically, a potential client who is showing interest in the content you are writing will need to provide contact information to download or receive the content.
- Email nurture content, either from marketing or a person from your company
How to Use Data to Proactively To tackle Advertising Fraud
With more data points available than ever before, we must think outside of the box with data. Ad fraud is hiding in the data points you don’t expect – you have to think like a fraudster to find it.
- The traditional approach to ad fraud has been to publicly expose new fraud methods by implementing industry-standard measures or benchmarks.
- A prime example is the industry’s reaction to two of the first fraud types to be publicised and tackled by app advertisers – click spamming and click injection fraud.
- We need to ensure we follow by Google’s example to proactively address the evolution of fraud.
- The recent release of the Google Play Referrer API for attribution platforms provided a new data point for advertisers to tackle – Click Injection through install verification.
How to Market Your Small Business on Social Media
Try to take advantage of ephemeral content. Never underestimate the benefits of live video streams on social media platforms. To stay relevant, we need to use the platforms we have at our disposal.
- Social media marketing is no longer something we small business owners can do without.
- New business owners often think social media will not help their businesses.
- The benefits of using social media to advertise will make our small companies expand.
- We need to give people a reason to follow us on social media and to buy what we are selling.
Why Content Marketing Doesn’t Need to Be Perfect to be Successful
Remember, the goal is not to win a Pulitzer Prize. The goal is to get an article that’s going to rank on Google. An article that is useful to the sales team as they’re working to answer people’s questions about your product or company.
- According to IMPACT Content Marketing Consultant Jolie Higazi, content need not be perfect to be successful.
- Well, if you’re trying to write a book or make the New York Times Best Sellers list, then yes.
- You want to create the best content that you can. But you can spend months working on a single blog and perfecting every single detail.
- We’re not trying to reach the New York Times Best Seller list.
- We’re trying to create content that will drive results for our business.
Right to Reply: What Google’s ‘Right to Be Forgotten’ Victory Means for Tech and Privacy
Online service operators can now proceed on the basis that when content has to be taken down to comply with a ‘right to be forgotten’ request, it will only need to be taken down from the versions or iterations of these services servicing the EU market. In principle, non-EU versions of the services would not need to be affected by the request.
- This week, the Court of Justice of the European Union ruled that “right to be forgotten” does not extend to the versions of Google’s search engine directed to non-EU member states.
- This is good news for Google and other operators of online services, at least in that they will need to worry less about having potentially conflicting legal obligations in different jurisdictions when complying with ‘right to be forgotten’ requests relating to their online services.
- In principle, non-EU versions of the services would not need to be affected by the request.
- Rather, the case focused specifically on the obligations of a global online service–specifically a search engine–that hosts personal data, flowing from the exercise by an individual of the ‘right to be forgotten’.
Are Guides The Future Of SEO-Driven Content Marketing?
What if customers found your business every single time they Googled an industry buzzword? Can you imagine the incredible amount of traffic that would generate? Connect the dots between increased traffic and true business value to convert opportunities into leads. Listen to the podcast to learn more.
- Today’s guest is Liam Barnes, search engine optimisation (SEO) specialist at Directive.
- Discover what quality content looks like, why long-form interactive content works, and get tips on SEO keyword selection and tools.
- Go back to the basics to understand what the search engine considers-quality content, highly authoritative links, and good user experience
- Most, of my approaches towards creating excellent quality content, are surrounded around that first part of the skyscraper technique which is analysing the SERP and making sure that you do a better job than everybody else does.
- I think that’s creating quality content, making sure that you have highly authoritative links going back to your site, and making sure the user has a good experience.
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to read this. I appreciate it.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!