TikTok has been in the news a lot lately. So it’s not surprising that an article on how Facebook tests TikTok-like short-form video feed in its main app with Indian users caught my attention.
This article and more are what I’ve been reading this week, and I included in our marketing digest.
What about you? What have you been reading?
Paid Social & Paid Search: How to Have a Happy Marriage
When you’re dealing with paid search, it’s essential to know that Google Ads generates an automatic tag for you, that you can use in something like Facebook.
- If you’re a user that clicks on an ad for ABC.com, when you are directed to their site, your URL gets what’s called a Google Click ID (GCLID) reference.
- The first is if you have web pages that are specifically there as landing pages for paid search campaigns, you can say People who visited specific web pages are who you want to create an audience.
- If you have a large paid search account, sell many types of products, or you’re advanced in your setup and segmentation, you can take this a few steps deeper.
- If you look at this in the context of your paid search brand campaign, it’s interesting to watch over time whether those paid social efforts are having people research your brand and come back.
Google to Remain Default Search Engine on Firefox
Firefox holds 7.91% of desktop browser market share in the U.S., and 8.61% market share worldwide.
- As of July 2020, Firefox narrowly surpassed Safari as the second-most popular desktop browser in the world.
- By renewing its deal with parent company Mozilla, Google is cementing its spot as the default search provider on one of the world’s leading desktop web browsers.
- Out of the three web browser giants Google, Apple, and Mozilla
How to Get Started in E-commerce: A Procrastinator’s Guide
You want to find a sweet spot where there is demand, but competition would not make it too difficult to get traction.
- If you want to test going into e-commerce, I would say first check to see if there is a demand for your product online on relevant sites.
- You can put additional keywords and search terms on the back end.
Facebook Tests Tiktok-like Short-form Video Feed in Its Main App with Indian Users
As you can see in the above screenshots, posted by user Roneet Michael on Twitter (and shared by Matt Navarra ), Facebook is now testing a ‘Short video’ stream within the News Feed, which includes the familiar, TikTok vertical UX.
- With TikTok now out of the Indian market for more than six weeks, its a legitimate query as to whether it will ever be able to get back in. And re-establish its presence in the emerging region – which, at the time of the ban, was TikTok’s most significant single user market outside of China.
- A week after India initially announced its ban on Chinese apps, including TikTok, Facebook-owned Instagram launched its TikTok-cloning Reels functionality in the Indian market, which had previously only been available in France, Germany and Brazil.
- By adding TikTok replacement tools in its two top apps, that could see more users stay within Facebook’s eco-system, as opposed to looking elsewhere for TikTok alternatives.
2 Questions to Ask Before Building Your B2B Ambassador Program
As a B2B ambassador myself for brands like Adobe (and my agency, Warm Robots, helps to build similar programs), I find the opportunity in B2B programs very exciting.
- I believe that brands should truly work in collaboration with the influencer to find content and marketing strategy that works with the influencer’s audience, yet still conveys their brand message and goals.
- I run Warm Robots, a corporate social media strategy agency and help companies tell engaging brand stories and navigate C-level executives toward unique personal brands.
Top 10 5G influencers on Twitter
Twitter is the go-to platform for business people and prosumers looking for informed opinion, news or comment on technology. The following 25 influencers work in fields as diverse as education, government, media and advertising; but all share useful information and opinion on the next-generation network.
1. John Legere (6.6m followers)
2. Glen Gilmore (301k followers)
3. Dr Sarah-Jayne Gratton (177k followers)
How to Create an FAQ Page Optimised for Search
Google’s rich snippets rely heavily on the use of so-called schema or structured markup that helps search engines extract required information to enrich the search excerpt.
- This step will help you structure your future FAQ page into sections for better usability.
- For FAQ rich snippets, there’s a structured markup called FAQ Page schema.
- To make your FAQ page easier to navigate, publish an outline of significant sections covered a table of contents.
Bing Shopping Opens up to Free Product Listings
The ability to promote products for free is only available to merchants in the U.S. It will also eventually roll out to those in the UK, Canada, Australia, France and Germany.
- Organic product listings are now available in the Bing Shopping tab, Microsoft announced Monday.
- It offers them to Microsoft Merchant Center store owners with approved offers and will launch with a small volume of traffic this month.
- Showing products for free may enable merchants to get their inventory in front of more shoppers.
Full article: https://searchengineland.com/bing-shopping-opens-up-to-free-product-listings-339456
That’s all for this week. Hit me up on social media to let me know what you’ve been reading. Catch you later!
Did you like the article? Please pin it!