In our marketing digest for this week, among other articles, we look at how Facebook says it is testing mini social networks focused on you and your neighbours. But what could go wrong?
Let us find out.
The Impact of AI on Business and Society
It will take over repetitive manufacturing processes and perform routine tasks involving language and pattern recognition, and assist in medical diagnoses and treatment.
- Professionals see much greater scope for the use of AI in professions other than their own.
- Applied to large data sets, AI has identified new drug solutions, enabled the selection of candidates for clinical trials and monitored patients with specific conditions.
- Equally critical is that the strategy is controlled centrally rather than executed piecemeal: businesses need to consider the use of AI holistically, so that entire processes are reimagined, along with the redesign of tasks to blend machine and employee skills.
- The World Economic Forum cited one set of estimates showing that while it may displace 75m jobs, it could create 133m to adapt to “the new division of labour between humans, machines and algorithms”.
- People will have to wait a long time for works created by AI that would “deeply engage” them.
What to Know About Google’s FAQ Rich Snippets
An FAQ rich snippet is one of Google’s enhanced search snippets that include questions covered on the linked page.
- Like any other Google-supported rich snippet, a structured markup, i.e., FAQ Page schema, enables FAQ snippets.
- Answer FAQ Page schema lets you enable your content for Google Q&A rich snippets.
- They advise against using several types of structured data within one page unless you want Google to choose one of them.
Google Confirms It Doesn’t Index Passages Separately
Google now considers passages from pages as an additional ranking factor.
- The good news for content creators and SEOs is that this technology will help us create content in ways that best serve our audiences.
- There has been confusion around this because Google’s initial language around the change was confusing: “now [we are] able to not just index webpages, but individual passages from those pages.
Full article: https://searchengineland.com/google-confirms-it-doesnt-index-passages-separately-342387
The Disruption of Management Consulting
A lot of the value that traditional management consultants have offered their clients has been disrupted by technology. But as we’ve seen, consulting firms are nimble. It may help that they themselves invented the concept of “disruption.”
- When client and consultant are working together as initially envisioned, however, those four values information, expertise, insight, and execution are the “package” that consultants offer, and each one of these values has been disrupted in ways big and small over the last several years.
- If you’re a global logistics company looking to analyse your entire supply chain to predict places where costs might rise, then you might go with Bain.
- Today, tools like Looker , Tableau , Microsoft Power BI , Qlik , SAS , and Domo allow companies to instantly generate reports and dashboards on phenomena like Customer lifetime value across demographic and behavioural cohorts Conversion rates (site-to-item and item-to-cart) across an entire product line.
- Efficiency of marketing spend and ad targeting Various analytics tools on the market are useful for questions that are smaller in scope, and for incorporating data better into the day-to-day decision-making culture.
Facebook Is Testing Mini Social Networks Focused on You and Your Neighbours
The feature, named Neighborhoods, is being tested in a single market, Calgary in Canada, but it’s likely Facebook will roll out access more widely if the test is a success.
- Users can create special profiles that share limited information with their neighbours, while Facebook itself will use the detailed location data it collects from those enrolled to serve “more relevant” ads.
- To help make it easier to do this, we are rolling out a limited test of Neighborhoods, a dedicated space within Facebook for people to connect with their neighbours.
- The screenshots shared by Navarra show the onboarding process, with Facebook users prompted to “connect with neighbours.
Adjusting Featured Snippet Answers by Context
The context scoring process could determine the context score and determines a heading vector that describes a path in the heading hierarchy from the root heading to the respective heading.
- When queries are in the form of a question are received, some search engines may perform specialised search operations in response to the question format of the query.
- Some question queries are better served by explanatory answers, which are also referred to as “long answers” or “answer passages.”
- I recently wrote about featured snippet answer scores, and how a combination of query dependent and query independent scoring signals might generate answer scores for answer passages.
That is all I have got for this week. What about you? What, if any, marketing-related articles have you read this week that you would like to share? Let us know.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!