In this week’s marketing digest (one of the last for 2019) we shall look at how effective video marketing is and everything you need to know about content marketing.
Let’s get to it.
How Effective is Video Marketing?
Video is one of the most viewed and searched content on the internet, and this trend is growing at a confusing pace from year to year. It is very difficult, or almost impossible, to browse social networks for a few minutes and not find videos. The company, the media, our friends and family, consume and share it.
- The purpose of video marketing is to attract the attention of users and/or potential buyers of a brand or service through the use of video, with a focus on promoting brands, services or products on any digital channel, to be a way of providing content for any company content marketing strategy.
- Internet users consume online video and demand it more than ever before, not only to watch it at home but also through their mobile devices (cellphones and tablets), where their consumption has more than doubled compared to last year.
- It involves content that can be naturalised, people like to share it, and little by little, our network of influence will increase.
- This video is one content that works best on social networks in terms of scope, interaction, and generation of ‘likes’.
Everything You Ever Needed to Know about Content Marketing
Many small business owners in my country that I’ve spoken to this year are yet to appreciate content marketing. Content marketing is a powerful strategy for building and engaging an audience of future customers.
- One of the best ways to build that trust level is to provide helpful content that gets visitors to engage with it.
- It could mean watching one of your videos, commenting on a Facebook post, or even reading one of your blog posts.
- Now you know how content marketing fits into the big picture by helping to generate awareness and move people through the steps of the CVJ toward becoming a customer and promoter of your brand.
- Here at DigitalMarketer, we want our TOFU content to be simple enough to appeal to digital marketing beginners… while still being detailed and useful enough to provide real value.
- One reason it’s helpful to create separate strategies for each content type is that depending on your business; you may use different content types to focus on different parts of the marketing funnel or the Customer Value Journey.
Pros and Cons of Small Businesses Using Social Media Marketing
One criticism I get quite a lot is that most of the articles I feature are written by foreigners. I’ll feature quality content regardless of the nationality of the author. So this is a quality article by a fellow Nigerian for these critics.
- Social media marketing is a cost-effective way for small businesses to promote their brand and services, and increase their customer base.
- But, with all the pros of social media used as a marketing tool, there are also cons, too.
- If you are still on the fence on whether your small business should embrace social media marketing or not, consider these pros and cons.
Seven Content Marketing Strategies You Should Try [with Examples]
We look at seven content marketing strategies you can try, along with examples of brands that executed those strategies.
- Personalize your content marketing
- Guest blogging
- Show products and services in use
- Get behind a social cause
- Try new technologies
- User-generated content
That’s it from me for this week folks! I hope you find this weekly marketing digest of value? Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve this weekly marketing digest for you in 2020? Let me know. I’m always willing to listen to your ideas.
- Reasons Why Video is Good for Your Content Marketing
- The Best Video Ad Networks for Small Publishers
- Here’s How to Start Using Video Marketing
- Types of Content for Your Video Marketing
Did you like the article? Please pin it!