Welcome to the first of our weekly marketing digest for 2020. In this week’s summary of articles I’ve read, we look at the skills marketers need to have as we progress into a digitally-driven future and other exciting information. I hope you find it of value.
Perpetual Evolution: Marketing Towards a Digitally-driven Future
If you’re a marketer, then this article is for you. The author highlights the results from a recent study by the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) and The Economist Group.
They surveyed over 500 marketing executives around the world and highlighted what it would take for marketers to adapt to success and build winning marketing organizations.
To get a sense for the expertise that will be needed for marketers to adapt to the future, they asked the global marketing executives, “What skills and competencies will a future marketing workforce need to be successful in the next five years?”.
Out of all the skills mentioned, openness to change and adaptability particularly resonate with the author. For me, the skill that resonates with me is having a broader business knowledge because most of my clients are business owners who are laser-focused on providing their product or service and looking to the marketer or CMO’s to wave a magic wand and grow the business.
What about you? What skills do you think are essential for marketers going into the future? Please read the article and let me know what you think.
- As marketing leaders struggle to keep pace with technology and evolving consumer behaviours, Ken Fitzpatrick, CEO of the Digital Marketing Institute breaks down a recent study and highlights what it will take to adapt for success and build winning marketing organizations.
- Our study, Perpetual Evolution: The Interplay of Talent and Technology in the Future of Marketing, took a critical look at the future of the marketing organization itself, and the kinds of people it would need to meet the challenges ahead.
- Building a team of agile professionals who can readily embrace the perpetual change that is the norm for our industry is the critical element of a successful marketing organization.
- The organizations that come out on top will be diligent about ongoing employee growth and development and will build agile teams that can quickly adapt to an era of constant change.
- Consumers today don’t just expect companies to understand their needs. They expect we address their needs with highly relevant experiences on the platforms and devices of their choosing.
10 Techniques to do Email Marketing Campaign
Though some sentences and paragraphs in this article were difficult to understand, don’t let this put you off from reading it. The author touched on the definition and benefits of email marketing. In line with the title, the author also addressed ten techniques to email marketing.
One thing I especially appreciated is that the author mentioned the need to have a targeted mailing list so you send relevant information to a specific segment of people rather than sending bulk emails to a broad range of people about all kinds of products.
- What is Email Marketing?
- Benefits of Email Marketing
- Email Marketing Advice
- Use all your resources
Top 10 Content Marketing Trends to Watch For in 2020
This article highlights the role of content in the digital age. We need to focus on quality over quantity with content creation. The author encourages having a data-based content creation strategy and not creating content for content’s sake, definitely worth the read.
- An excellent example of user-generated content is when Coca Cola launched its Share a Coke campaign. It encouraged users to find a coke with their name on it and share it on social media, providing free viral content marketing for the brand as people showed off images with their Coke.
- According to Core DNA, “The modern consumer expects to receive video content from their favourite brands, and video content keeps audiences engaged longer than any other content.
- To find out more content creation types, read our past article about finding the right video content for your brand.
- The goal of dynamic, personalized content creation is to deliver what a consumer is looking for. This encourages them to take more steps to engage with your brand further.
- You can build up your topical authority through strategic content creation – by creating various posts about one specific topic.
5 Content Marketing Trends You Need to Know for 2020
I like to read as much as possible on the various trends in marketing. And how I can incorporate it into my strategy for the year. This article simplifies some common trends, but it does so in a way that is easy to digest and put into practice. It’s worth the read.
- Video and live-streaming.
- User-generated content.
- Voice search and long-tail keywords.
- Dynamic content delivery.
- Augmented reality.
That’s it for this week folks. Thanks for taking time off your busy schedule to read this. I really appreciate it. See you next week.
- Four Golden Rules for Business Success
- What Everyone Is Saying about Marketing
- How to Use Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp for Marketing
- Digital Marketing Services for Business
- Five Ways to Generate Great Content
Did you like the article? Please pin it!