In this week’s marketing digest, we look at content marketing mistakes hindering your business growth and other interesting articles.
Let’s dive in, shall we?
Our Top B2B Content Marketing Trends & Predictions for 2020
2019 was a bonding year for elevating experiences. Many B2B marketers made significant investments in interactive content, influencer content collaborations, and multi-faceted campaigns. 2020 will be the year where many brands will cement experience as a strategy.
- The sheer volume of information and media that confronts people in the business world is overwhelming and often dull.
- Creating compelling experiences with interactive content is one way to stand out, differentiate, and optimise for effectiveness.
- If you want to make the best impact and see the highest returns for your video’s investment, you’ve got to show not tell.
How to Leverage Dynamic Content Optimisation
Marketing trends moving at the speed of light, and competitive industries paying to get noticed and to reach the front of the pack, dynamic retargeting is forming an integral part in getting ahead.
- Dynamic Content Optimisation (DCO), has become a go-to for clients and marketing strategists.
- Advertisers can rely on specialised analytics to target audiences using pretty much any variable.
- By pulling in dynamic data feeds, we can optimise ads to any combination of variables. That could include anything from last viewed products; related products; items added to cart; search history; or other personal data such as geolocation; gender; or exchange rate.
- That means audience optimisation is determined much more accurately.
4 Ingenious Ways to Use GIFs to Make Your B2B Content Marketing Pop
GIFs can serve as a useful tool to keep your prospects engaged, showcase product features, and create a fun persona for your brand. Here’s how some companies have used GIFs for marketing:
- Demonstrate Product Features in Your Email Marketing
- Use Social Media Platforms to Guide Users
- Capture Attention to Make a Statement
- Express Gratitude
Are You Making Any of These Content Marketing Mistakes?
Content creation is a successful and widespread marketing strategy. But if you don’t do it well, content marketing cannot help your organisation to grow.
- That’s the way things work these days. You need to publish a lot of quality content to raise awareness, build trust, generate leads, and drive conversions.
- The first mistake a business can make is to play the content marketing game without a well-defined plan of work.
- If you want to make things work to your advantage, you need to define a strategy and determine the goals of content marketing.
- That is one of the most common blunders in digital marketing since lots of content creators do not realise the importance of developing a unique style of writing.
- There is no better way to grab the attention of the target audience and build relationships with the prospects than to invest in content marketing.
Financial Services Content: Industry Benchmarks & 5 Keys to Success
Marketers in finance, insurance, and healthcare industries deal with more regulations and bureaucracy than someone who works for Red Bull. But these industries also enjoy a crucial advantage: People crave their expertise.
- The industry benchmark statistics in the first part of the report came from an internal dataset of 86,270 pieces of content across all industries, measured by Contently’s content marketing platform.
- Data in the second part of the report came from StoryBook, Contently’s content strategy tool, which measured top-performing topics, formats, social shares, and more for 2,292 pieces of content from financial services companies.
- But the other industries like travel, technology, and healthcare boasted a better average engagement rate (70%) and finish rate (60%) in 2019.
- Next, we examined engagement benchmarks for the three of the most prominent subcategories in financial services content: consumer finance, institutional finance, and wealth management.
- To compare the effectiveness of the three subcategories, we looked at average attention time, average finish rate, and average social shares.
That’s it for this week, folks! Please, don’t forget to share this blog with your friends. If this is your first time here, subscribe to my newsletter to receive this weekly marketing digest in your inbox.
If you have anything, you want to say tweet me @ademolaabimbola with the hashtag #MarketingDigest.
- 12 Common Content Marketing Mistakes to Avoid Immediately
- Why You Must Be Thinking About Content Marketing
- The Best Advice about Content Marketing You Have Ever Heard
- Digital Marketing Mistakes Brands Need to Avoid Today
- Simple and Practical Content Creation Tips
Did you like the article? Please pin it!