This week’s marketing digest looks at how content experiences are the new content marketing and other exciting articles.
Stop These Reporting Mistakes and Win Budget Support for Content Marketing
It’s time to break the cycle and get your execs to sit up and notice what content marketing can do for the business when it has funding support.
- Every content marketing strategy has some goal, from generating awareness to boosting revenue.
- Executives need to know content marketing’s goals and results to decide if it’s worth continued funding.
- To get time-starved executives to take notice, ensure that your content marketing goal reporting intersects with their priorities, which usually revolve around the bottom line.
Why SEO Is the Most Undervalued Marketing Channel
Unlike paid campaigns, it is difficult to gauge the success of an SEO campaign without understanding the smaller pieces necessary to build the bigger picture.
- Those who make organic search marketing a priority are likely benefiting from more loyal customers through organic than PPC.
- Potential for a lower cost per customer acquisition than paid Effective brand reputation management and the ability to get ahead of negative press cycles Ranking higher in SERPs for important industry keywords.
- The lack of understanding around SEO’s impact on brand perception proves an extra problem: not allocating the proper resources, whether it’s people, tools or budget.
- Since organic search isn’t as easy to measure as paid marketing, it’s difficult to justify dedicating the time, people, and money necessary to get meaningful results.
- Getting to that point may need a deeper understanding of how to distribute a budget for SEO while also attempting to educate decision-makers on implementing a solid strategy, especially for larger companies.
Content Experiences Are the New Content Marketing
It’s time to take that idea of creating experiences from our user interfaces into our content creation.
- Building content experience will take the focus from content production at a large scale to finding creative ways to repackage and upgrade your content.
- We, as SEO professionals, are a bit boring in that department because Google is a text-based crawler–but that shouldn’t hold us back from creating meaningful experiences that build trust for your brand.
- Their content is useful, follows the Pyramid Principle, and still converts into email leads.
Rest in Peace, Facebook Ads Boycott (2020—2020)
This past summer, dozens of major brands pulled their ad dollars from Facebook in a protest of the company’s handling of the hate speech and disinformation. The company has done enough to win back one of its biggest fish.
- Those numbers only tell part of the story: some brands hadn’t bought ads on Facebook in years before the campaign; others never showed up as advertising on the platform, to begin with.
- Even during what were ostensible pauses in spending, we found many of these brands, including Unilever, were still sending their ad dollars to Facebook, just not through the usual channels.
That’s all I have for you this week. So what marketing-related articles have you read? Let me know on Twitter @mauconline. God willing, I’ll see you again next week… or should I say next year? LOL. Stay safe.
- Content Marketing Tactics to Increase Your Audience Engagement
- 12 Common Content Marketing Mistakes to Avoid Immediately
- Why You Must Be Thinking about Content Marketing
- The Best Advice about Content Marketing You Have Ever Heard
Did you like the article? Please pin it!