Are you looking for ways to increase traffic to your site? If yes, then you should consider blogging sites. Blogging is a great way to get free traffic to your website or a custom domain. In addition, it helps in improving your SEO (search engine optimisation).
Blogs are beneficial because they provide information to readers. They also allow you to share your thoughts and ideas with other people. There are several types of blogs, such as personal blogs, corporate, etc.
There are several blogging platforms where you can start your blog (see below). These blog platforms offer features like eCommerce functionality, etc., that help bloggers create and monetise their blogs.
Are you looking for sites that can increase traffic to your website and help SEO? Read on to find the solution you seek.
Click Here to Schedule a Meeting
What Are the Blogging Sites Available That Can Increase Traffic on My Website and Help in SEO
Increasing traffic to your website or blog is no longer a simple task you can solve with SEO plugins. With so much competition, disinformation and misinformation, it’s challenging to know what to do? But the strategies mentioned in this article will help you discover and lay the groundwork for using the blogging sites available to increase blog traffic on your website and help in improving user experience and search engine optimization. The strategic use of any site mentioned below as a marketing tool will help increase your web visibility and search engine rankings no matter what you’re selling.
Knowing how to promote your blog on the web is the first step in ensuring success. The traffic you get to your website primarily depends on how you have worked upon the content of your website. Have you tried marketing with search engines? Did it work well for you? With good content to market via SEO, your traffic will increase. This, however, requires that your website be useful or entertaining to others.
What Is Blogging?
Blogging is the practice of publishing long, structured pieces of content using various content writing tools to connect with an audience. There are several types of blogging: text-based blogs/articles, graphics-based, audio and video-based. Each style has its advantages and disadvantages.
According to this definition, a blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web comprising discrete, often informal diary-style text entries. Posts are displayed in reverse chronological order so that the most recent post appears first, at the top of the web page.
So blogging refers to writing, photography, and other self-published media. A blog (a shortened version of “weblog”) is an online journal or informational website displaying information in reverse chronological order.
The blogging phenomenon began as a way for individuals to write journals, but now it is integrated into all websites, including businesses. The content of a successful blog typically includes text, pictures, videos, animated GIFs and even scans of older documents. According to the Wikipedia article linked above, the term “weblog” was coined by Jorn Barger on December 17, 1997. The short form “blog” was coined by Peter Merholz, who jokingly broke the word weblog into the phrase we blog in the sidebar of his blog Peterme.com in April or May 1999. Blogging has slowly been gaining popularity and is seeing a lot of usage.
Many blogging sites and applications can help increase organic traffic on your website and help in SEO. There are two main types of blogging sites which are free and paid. The second type would be better if you want your blog article to be read by many people online. Therefore, you need to spend some money.
Reading other people’s blogs and leaving meaningful comments (not spammy links) or guest posts helps in marketing your blog, and you get traffic. Blogs are the best way to increase organic traffic to your website via SEO. I sincerely think so, especially when combined with email marketing strategy and your email newsletter boasts reasonable open rates and conversion rates.
Now, if you want to know about traffic sources, here is the list of some blogging platforms which give you traffic for your blog or website.If you want to know about traffic sources, here is the list of some blogging platforms which give you traffic for your blog or website. Click To Tweet
Click Here to Schedule a Meeting
What Software/Blogging Sites Can I Use to Create a Blog?
- Wix (www.wix.com): As seen on their website, Wix is a cloud-based website builder and an AI platform rolled into one. A drag-and-drop HTML5 site builder features apps, graphics, images, fonts, vectors, animations, etc. You can customise the plans and templates to fit your specific needs. Users also may opt to create their websites from scratch. It has millions of users worldwide because it makes it easy for everyone to create their website without code.
- WordPress (www.wordpress.org): WordPress is an excellent option for beginners. It is a free and open-source content management system and one of the easiest, most popular ways to create your website or blog. Like the engine that operates your vehicle, WordPress works as the engine under your website’s hood. According to this article, WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system powering 34% of all websites on the internet. WordPress comes in two types, i.e. WordPress.com and a self-hosted WordPress, i.e. WordPress.org, and this article highlights WordPress.org. There is a plugin for whatever feature you require. It is an ideal platform for writing any topic, domain or industry.
- LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com): LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the internet. You can use LinkedIn to find the right job or internship, connect and strengthen professional relationships, and learn the skills required to succeed in your career. You can also use LinkedIn to organise offline events, join groups, write articles, post photos and videos, and more.
- Weebly (www.weebly.com): The Weebly website shows that Weebly is an online website and eCommerce service based on the belief that anyone should be able to take a business from an idea to launch and grow.
- Medium (www.medium.com): Medium provides a popular blogging platform for readers to discover new thinking and for expert and unknown writers to share their creative writing and experience on various topics.
- Ghost (www.ghost.org): Ghost was founded to create a new platform focused solely on professional publishing for individual bloggers and online publications. It’s a popular modern publishing platform for creating a new media platform.
- Blogger (www.blogger.com): Blogger (Blogger.com): You can create a beautiful blog for free on Blogger to publish and share your knowledge, experiences, and the latest news. Google hosts your blog, which you can access through a subdomain of blogspot.com.
- Tumblr (www.tumblr.com): According to this article, Tumblr is a blogging and social media tool that allows users to publish a “tumblelog” or short blog posts. Tumblr’s primary differentiator is the site’s free-form nature and users’ ability to customise their pages heavily. It’s a platform where your interests connect you with other people. Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos from your browser, phone, or desktop.
- Joomla (www.joomla.org): Joomla (also spelt Joomla! and sometimes abbreviated as J!) is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) that allows web publishers to create and manage web content. Web content applications include discussion forums, photo galleries, e-Commerce, user communities, etc.
- Jimdo (www.jimdo.com): It’s an all-in-one online business solution that provides everything you need to make your online presence, i.e. websites, online stores, bookings, logos, SEO, analytics, domains, and hosting.
- Squarespace (www.squarespace.com): is an all-in-one content management system or CMS. The platform offers website-building tools, content hosting, search engine optimisation, Google Analytics, mobile responsive design and 24/7 customer support. Some users believe it has a better blogging tool and support than most competitors.
- Typepad (www.typepad.com): This is a dependable, flexible and customisable blogging platform that puts the publisher in control. It is mighty despite its simplicity.
- Postach.io (www.postach.io): This blogging platform is integrated with Evernote so that users can post directly from the note-taking application. The simple website builder lets users seamlessly add new posts or pages and publish them on mobile devices.
- Yola (www.yola.com): It is a free, user-friendly web builder aimed at those who want to create a simple website fast. It is another good option for beginners and small businesses.
- Hubpages (www.hubpages.com): This is a unique template-based publishing platform with a community of writers and readers. It is an open community of passionate writers, explorers, knowledge seekers, and conversation starters. It is entirely free to the writers who contribute to it.
- Jekyll (www.jekyllrb.com): It is a simple static-aware blog site generator that takes text written in your favourite markup language and uses layouts to create a static website.
- Live Journal (www.livejournal.com): This is described as an online community, a social network, and a place for self-expression. It’s like an online diary. While having fewer users today than it did in the past, LiveJournal still has many users.
- Webs (www.webs.com): It is a platform that helps people get online without technical skills or a big budget. But some see it as an outdated website builder without substantial updates for years.
- Penzu (www.penzu.com): It’s a free, private online personal diary/journaling site focused on privacy. It resembles an actual notebook, so it is very stylish and modern.
- Edublogs (www.edublogs.org): As the name suggests, edublog is a blog created for educational purposes. It’s a blogging platform designed by educators for educators and students.
- Movable Type (www.movabletype.org): This software enables content creation and management via blogs and static sites.
- Pixpa (www.pixpa.com): This is an all-in-one SaaS platform that offers simple portfolio building, online selling, client management, and blogging to photographers, artists, designers, and creative pros. There is no coding required. It is a DIY site builder made to the needs of creatives.
- Innoblogs (www.innogage.com): This is a collaborative blogging platform with analytics for helping a team of bloggers generate SEO-friendly content. Innoblogs is a fully-featured content marketing software designed to serve agencies and startups. It provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows.
- Svbtle (www.svbtle.com): This platform includes everything you need to organise, develop, and share your thoughts, stories, and ideas with the world. This platform provides everything you need to organise, create, and share your thoughts, stories, and ideas with the world. It emphasises the writing journey. It is designed to assist the idea-generating process.
- Anchor CMS (www.anchorcms.com): According to their website, this is a free open source blogging system with lightweight features specially designed to focus on writing and art-directed blogs.
- Tilda (www.tilda.cc): This is a no-code website builder for creating various websites: online stores, landing pages, blogs, portfolios, online courses, etc. Their easy-to-use module editor allows anyone to build a fantastic website. All a user needs is good quality content.
- Sourcefabric (www.sourcefabric.org): This is open-source software designed to meet the needs of journalists and media organisations.
Disclaimer: The list above is not exhaustive and is in no particular order. The mention and the listing of any video ad network do not constitute my endorsement of the same.Many blogging sites will help you achieve your SEO goals. Click To Tweet
Click Here to Schedule a Meeting
How to Decide What to Blog About?
Okay, now that you know the options available regarding which platform to use for your blog, let us focus on what to blog about.
Consider your passions. What topics or hobbies related to your business venture genuinely excite you? What are some of the blogs you love reading? What is missing regarding the piece of content you see on your favourite blog? What does my target audience care about? These are some of the questions you need to ask yourself to decide what to blog about.
Think about deploying a content strategy using your blog to present relevant content solutions to your target audience’s problems. Write as you’re addressing a specific person. For best results, write on evergreen content topics that will remain relevant in five years.
How Many Blog Posts Should I Be Publishing a Week/Month?
With blogging, business owners often ask me, “as a company, how many blog posts should we post each week?”
It depends on various factors, like the traffic/sales potential of your product/service and how many blog posts you publish a week or month. Other factors include your target keywords, your internal links and external links (outbound links) strategy, your email marketing, your search rankings, the amount of long-tail keywords you are targeting, your social media marketing strategy, your existing content, your use of guest blogging, content repurposing, your off-page SEO efforts and so on.
As a rule of thumb, I try to help clients understand that the more frequently you blog, the more traffic you get. Publishing 11+ posts a month is ideal — it results in an appreciable rise in traffic for B2B and B2C businesses. A blog with more posts attracts more traffic and leads which you can monetise with Google Adsense. Expert bloggers recommend blogging at least 2-4 times a week. The ideal is 11-16 posts a month.
In conclusion, blogging sites are great tools to increase your website’s traffic and improve its SEO.
A blog is an excellent source of targeted traffic and a way to market your small business to a larger audience. Regardless of the product or service, a blog can get more clients and raving fans than any other marketing technique. A well-written and informative blog can help drive targeted traffic to your site. Creating a blog will also help your link-building efforts to your site. A blog will help you find your target audience and what they want.
Many blogging sites will help you achieve your SEO goals. This article helps you narrow your list to the top blogging websites available to increase traffic to your website and help in SEO.
Do you need help with blogging? Let’s help you manage your blog while you focus on running your business. Click here to get started.
- Are You Ready to Take Your Business to the Next Level with Our Blog Management Service?
- What Are the Disadvantages of Apps Compared with Websites for Mobile Users?
- 13 SEO Expert Tips to Boost Your Blog Traffic
- How to Integrate Content Marketing and SEO
- Your Website Is Central to Your Digital Marketing
- PPC or SEO–Which Do You Need?
- Why SEO Is the New Way for Businesses to Succeed Online
Did you like the article? Please pin it!