Have you ever heard the saying that if you’re “doing content marketing right” you should be building an audience? The sad thing is that business owners mistake building a mailing list or database as the building an audience. So in this week’s marketing digest, our title article focuses on why your audience is not the same as your marketing database.
Let’s dive in.
Beauty and Social Media Marketing
As you already know, I like to read about how digital marketing and social media marketing can be applied to various businesses and industries. That’s why the title of this article caught my attention. It may be a new frontier for social media messaging, but changing your brand’s voice, whether with paid or organic, will ensure you don’t get lost along the way.
- Now the marketplace changes brought on by the pandemic have accelerated the already warp-speed pace of innovation that characterizes the beauty business landscape particularly with respect to how today’s beauty brands are connecting with consumers on social media platforms.
- Optimising paid social media strategies, applying AR technologies to content, and recognising the need to align influencers with today’s consumer mindset are all shifts that brands can apply now and evolve into the future.
- As online and social media marketing expands, and at a far greater rate due to the pandemic, beauty brands need to embrace a new, empathetic approach that connects with their existing and potential customers.
How Can Content Marketing Improve Your SEO?
In order to use content marketing to influence your SEO results, you need to think of a subject that has never been addressed before – or that has been poorly addressed by other people in your industry – in your niche.
- For someone looking for ways to improve their search ranking and overall site performance through SEO, telling them to invest in content marketing might seem like a lame idea.
- As such, when search engines crawl a site/web page that’s providing useful and valuable content to people through content marketing, they give such a site preference on the SERPs.
- Unlike humans who can tell what a site is all about by simply looking at its pages search engine bots rely on keywords to crawl and rank sites.
- Through the use of articles, blog posts, guides, copies, white papers, and other textual content, you can use more keywords relevant to what people are searching for and what your website is about.
A Quick Guide to Digital Marketing for Newbies
For some time now, I’ve had it at the back of my mind to write a quick guide to digital marketing for newbies since most of the persons that call me to make enquiries fall into this category. But unfortunately, I’ve not got round to writing my guide. So it’s no surprise that this title caught my attention.
It should be noted, though, that online marketing is a skill that you’ll want to cultivate. You won’t immediately be a master at it, and you should not stop just because you’re not seeing instant results.
- You may also simply want to cultivate a new skill so that you will be able to cast a wider net and bring in more customers.
- A great place to start your foray into digital marketing is by finding out exactly what keeps those customers coming back to you.
- It’s possible you already have an existing website or social media profile where you can start creating and disseminating content.
- Guest posts: Guest posts are similar to standard blog posts except that the content appears on another website or blog and simply links back to yours.
- This is, again, a great way to drive traffic to your website while also providing you with much-needed data and analytics about how many people are clicking your ad links, who they are, and where they’re coming from.
How Artificial Intelligence Will Transform Digital Marketing? – And How to Be Ready
As digital marketing turns out to be progressively significant for your business, we have to begin thinking past ordinary procedures. With the capacity to gather, investigate and gain from information, AI can possibly change advanced technique.
- For instance, utilising propelled voice examination capacities, an AI operator may have the option to gather from a client’s tone that an unmentioned issue stays an issue and give ongoing input to control the (human) salesperson’s next methodology.
- With AI, online retailers might have the option to anticipate what clients will need; accepting that these expectations accomplish high exactness, retailers may progress to a transportation then-shopping plan of action.
- This move would change retailers’ promoting techniques, plans of action, and client practices (e.g., data search).
- All digital marketing operations are now affected by AI-powered tools.
- Digital marketers are trying hard to leverage AI for strategic planning and campaign decision making.
- A roadmap is required to stay ahead from the crowd, few tips to prepare for that.
- Digital marketers are trying hard to have AI for strategic planning and good decision making
Content Marketing Tips That Fit Your Needs Now
While no one “best practice” fits all, grasping the options is the first step toward successful communications.
- As situations around the world continue to evolve, so should your social strategies, which will vary from location to location and business to business as local policies and advisories allow.
- Creating a new social strategy can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Pivoting requires a bit of creative thinking, so don’t be afraid to try something new!
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to get a little trendy; if you see a surge in cocktail recipes one week, and you have a killer signature cocktail, go ahead and share it!
- Before spending time and energy on developing new content, review existing photos and videos to see if they are usable in this time.
Your Audience Is Not the Same as Your Marketing Database
Consumers have become choosy “buyers” about the things they subscribe to, and to say it’s a “buyer’s market” is quite the understatement.
- An audience is a group of people who gather willingly, enthusiastically to listen, view, read, or in some way consume your content.
- Developing this trust and maintaining this confidence in future value is what separates a subscribed audience from a marketing database.
- You must understand your audience members from a different perspective than their need or want for your product or service.
- The content marketing team at a financial services company created one of those content experiences.
- It’s a unique value and specific story, but it’s delivered in a common set of contexts, such as a print magazine, a website, and in-person classes.
How Banks Are Using Technology to Master the CX Game
By infusing the combined powers of advanced technology (machine learning, RPA, AI, voice technology, etc.) and excellent customer service, banks can excel in the “Era of CX” while addressing the evolving client expectations in real-time.
- Greater focus on leveraging customer data for hyper-personalised service and customised offers: According to an Accenture report, one in two consumers indicated an interest in personalised financial advice from banks that are shaped by their personal circumstances including analysis of spending habits and advice on how to manage money.
- One way of realising this is by creating a 360-degree profile of the consumers by using emerging technologies to factor in data touchpoints such as banking history, customer analytics, purchase behaviour, etc.
- Contrary to popular opinion, banks and financial institutions are no longer playing catch up to adopt and integrate the latest emerging technologies (think: AI, blockchain, machine learning, deep learning, voice technology, among others) into their innovative offerings.
- Additionally, there’s an increased focus on front-end operations such as smooth customer identification and authentication, addressing customer queries through virtual agents and voice assistants, and creating deeper customer relationships by offering insight-driven customised advice and offers.
- These chatbots can help address basic queries relating to the bank account, loan queries, etc.
That’s all for this week’s marketing digest. If you have anything to say, hit me up on Twitter. Catch you later.
- Reaching Your Target Audience Through Social Media
- Content Marketing Tactics to Increase Your Audience Engagement
- 6 Tips on How to Make Your Content More Engaging
- Why You Must Be Thinking about Content Marketing
- How to Market on Social Media
- 12 Common Content Marketing Mistakes to Avoid Immediately
- The Best Advice about Content Marketing You Have Ever Heard
- How to Explain SEO to Someone Who Knows Nothing About It
- What Is Digital Media, and How Can It Help My Business?
- Importance of SEO Sites in Lagos Nigeria
- Facts about SMS Marketing That Will Improve Your Business
Did you like the article? Please pin it!