Hello! Hope you’re doing great? Another week has gone by so soon, how time flies! Did you read any exciting content this past week? Well, I did, and I’m eager to share the things I know about social media marketing and content marketing in this week’s digest.
6 Things You Need to Know about Social Media Marketing
Our title article for the week is this superb piece on the six things you need to know about social media marketing. I certainly agree that as a business owner, you need to know these things.
- In previous years, marketers did not adopt the idea of the social media platform being useful marketing tools; however, that is not the case now.
- A couple of years ago, no one cared about how their company’s blog or site look on their smartphones since people did not access the Internet via their phones as much as they do now.
- There is no other platform that has achieved what Facebook has when it comes to appealing to your targeted audience via advertising.
- So, if you are considering online advertising, Facebook could be the best option for you.
Content Marketing: The 5 Most Important Things You Need to Know
Some business owners have loads of misconceptions about social media and content marketing. Therefore, this article caught my attention because it will help you focus on the essential things regarding content marketing.
- Best Content ? Most Successful Content
- Create Multi-Purpose Content
- Creating the Best Content Is Not That Hard, It’s Just Hard Work
- Core Content Is the Key to ROI
- Control & Protect Your Investment
Social Media Marketing: How to Effectively Measure ROI
One of the questions I often get from business owners is how will social media marketing impact their bottom line. Have you been doing social media marketing for a while now and wondering whether your efforts are making an impact? Read this excellent article to learn how to measure the ROI of your efforts effectively.
- Run ads on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to increase post reach and attract new followers.
- Increase Website Traffic Run a specific marketing campaign that targets website visitors on Facebook.
- Implement a social media advertising campaign to direct users to the target page (website traffic conversion).
- Increased Brand Awareness Take a look at reach and engagement metrics in your social media analytics and see if the reach has expanded.
- Use measurement tools to track brand mentions and determine if the number of positive remarks increased.
Read more https://medium.com/swlh/social-media-marketing-how-to-effectively-measure-roi-f19353f9a783 (The post no longer exists)
B2B Content Marketing Simplified: What You Need to Know
These days, one can not overemphasise the importance of content in your marketing. It is why you need to consume as much information as possible to help in your content marketing efforts — this interesting article is chock full of simplified information on content marketing that you need to know.
- As stated above, the overall purpose of content marketing is to provide value to the target audience.
- A strategic content marketing plan tailored to your company’s products/services, customers, and industry.
- Content marketing pieces can be used throughout the sales process to attract, nurture, and close leads
How to Create a High-Performing Analytics Team
Are you thinking of establishing a high-performing analytics team in your business? This interesting article from ConversionXL will help you out.
- Task distribution by role helped us understand the current workload of analysts at a glance.
- It was useful to know how much time tasks usually took and whether a specialist could perform a task more efficiently than a junior-level analyst.
- Tasks across all projects or filtered by the project;
- Time spent on meetings and functions;
- Share of emails answered according to the SLA;
- Statistics for an individual project (with the help of filters); Average, minimum, and maximum time for each type of task in a project.
How to Make the Content Marketing Case With ROI
In this new article, Michael Brenner helps us to appreciate the ROI in content marketing.
- I point out that content marketing ROI is higher than the average marketing ROI in every place I’ve observed.
- For awareness and thought leadership content, it’s essential to go beyond traffic metrics to look at engagement rates.
- How you answer the content marketing ROI question: Ask for your overall or average marketing ROI.
Top 5 Social Media Tools to be Used While Blogging
There’s no way you can scale social media marketing in your company without talking about tools. Moreover, since social media goes hand in hand with blogging, you need to be aware of these top five social media tools.
- These responsibilities include social media marketing, understanding their viewer’s satisfaction, advertising, and implementing the various new tools along with the updates in the virtual world.
- Luckily, for bloggers, potential developers have created spot- on social media tools to help the content creators stay at the top while using the best and latest tools.
- The app is a powerful social media tool that can help a blogger schedule and plan posts for all their social media profiles.
- Hootsuite enables you to schedule your messages, measure your social performance, monitor the performance of your posts, and give you social alerts.
The Journey of a Social Media Marketer
Speaking from experience, the role of social media marketing is one that many business owners in developing countries do not understand or appreciate enough. It is the reason why this new article caught my attention, and I’m sharing it with you.
- There are more than two sides to every story, but the difference between doing social media in-house for a brand and working for an agency seem like two sides that matter a lot to the social media marketing story.
- Lizzy Duffy is a senior social media strategist at Sparkloft Media, specialising in strategy, editorial planning and long-form content.
- Through our conversation with Lizzy, we learned about the best metrics for success in a social media campaign, why it’s crucial to stay on the pulse of platform changes, and of course, the difference between agency work and in-house.
- Now at an agency, I’m an expert on social media first, and I work with clients to determine the best content for distribution based on my experience and research.
- Speaking specifically to a public social media presence, I find engagement rates, quality engagement (e.g., genuine comments from followers), and, if you regularly include link content, link clicks, signify success.
That’s it for this week’s marketing digest. Which of these articles did you find most interesting about social media marketing and content marketing? See you next time!
Did you like the article? Please pin it!