In our marketing digest for this week, the title article looks at 4 Pitfalls that can kill your content marketing.
Google Search Ranking Fluctuations Over Past Several Days
- There has been what I would call light fluctuations in the Google search results over the past several days, some a bit over the weekend as well.
- I figured I’d write about it, just in case some of you saw ranking changes over the past several days or so or over the weekend.
- Another big shakeup this morning, I had a loss of 21 long-tail terms, down 50-70 spots sometimes! Is anyone else seeing this? These now have the same groups of stock photo and ecomm sites sitting at the top over and over.
- Has anyone else seen big drops to their home page traffic recently? Since May 25th, my home page has received 20-50+% less traffic than it used to get, and from June 16th, it’s dropping to almost nothing.
- Today, home page traffic is down 70%, overall search is down 40%, and direct is down 26% at 11 am. Almost all of that drop is lower USA traffic.
- This is on a day where I gained back 14 top ten terms after losing 21 yesterday; there is a much weaker correlation between ranking and traffic these days.
- It is not just the traffic; the ranking tools show changes as documented below.
5 Critical SEO Considerations When Optimising News Websites
- News websites have the advantages of a constant stream of fresh content, and special Google features such as Top Stories.
- In this column, you’ll learn about five key considerations to keep in mind as you plan your SEO strategy for a news website so you can get a leg up on the competition.
- Google News operates on many of the same basic SEO principles as organic search.
- News sites can be a challenge for SEO growth because they are large and constantly growing by nature.
- Mobile usability is essential for any website nowadays, but it’s even more critical for news sites.
- When you post these new article URLs, don’t create a news sitemap for each one; update your existing sitemap instead. Your news sitemap will only contain news from the last two days, and all articles will remain in the news index for 30 days.
- Most visitors are drawn to news sites by breaking news content with a short expiration date.
4 Pitfalls That Can Kill Your Content Marketing
- For all the value and power content can have for your brand, it also can kill your brand
- Many brands are guilty of doing content marketing the wrong way, and their efforts turn away potential customers and readers.
- Let’s take a journey through that downside of content marketing and look at how you can avoid those pitfalls that can kill your brand.
- Your content’s connection to your brand isn’t clear or is unrecognisable across the multiple channels where your content is published.
- It helps the content creation team as they create content for your website, social media sharing, YouTube channel, and any other tactic in between.
- The more thorough the style guide is, without going crazy, the better positioned the team is to create a recognisable brand that connects, no matter where your content is displayed.
- Use the power of the Content Marketing World to expand your skills for good.
Why You Should Respond To Your Customers On Social Media
- It’s not enough to place ads on social media or tweet out one-way culturally aware observations.
- According to a new study released by social media software producer Sprout Social, if consumers see your brand on social sites, they expect you to engage directly with them.
- The company surveyed roughly 1,000 consumers and 1,000 marketers this spring about marketing goals and consumer expectations.
- When marketers were asked the same question, only about a third named strong customer service as a sign of good social presence.
- That’s not to say consumers don’t value the other functions social media marketers perform.
- 37% of marketers think that’s important, while only 28% of consumers look for story time.
How To Improve Instagram Reach: 9 Ways
- Although Instagram denies that it ever deliberately limited reach, by 2016, users only saw 10% of potential posts in their feed because there was too much content to manage.
- Posting across these formats creates a consistent presence and steady flow of content and ensures you reach potential followers wherever they are on the platform.
- One of the easiest ways to increase your organic reach on Instagram is to piggyback on the reach of other accounts; in other words, get them to post about you or share your posts.
- Run Instagram giveaways that encourage people to tag you in a post.
- Another way to encourage your followers to share your Instagram posts is to create highly shareable content.
- Changing the time you post content can make a big difference to your organic reach.
- If they see your posts, their interactions will feed back into the Instagram algorithm to increase your organic reach.
That’s all the articles I summarised for you this week. Take good care.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!