My apologies for not publishing a digest last week. The title article for this week’s digest looks at 14 trends changing the face of the beauty industry in 2021.
Let’s dive in.
4 Tips to Win with Content Marketing
- The best content marketing delivers valuable information to current and potential customers instead of selling a particular product’s features, functions, and benefits.
- Great content marketing strategies use an omnichannel approach – presenting this valuable information to customers in many formats, including videos, white papers, e-books, infographics, case studies, how-to guides, diagrams and photos.
- How you invest in and align your content marketing activities to reach and engage your audience says a lot about what makes you different.
- The best content compels the audience to make your brand story a part of their personal story, leading them to share your content with others.
- So to get the attention of the search engine spiders and your audience, you need to have readable and relatable content – even if you rely on sponsored content to get things going.
- You will need to do some primary research to get at this kind of insight about your target audience, allowing you to personalise your content marketing.
- If you follow this guidance, you can conquer your content marketing and win more profitable customers.
How to Growth Hack Your Content Marketing
- What exactly is growth hacking, and how can you use it to benefit your content marketing efforts?
- A content hacker is someone who achieves massive growth through content.
- Analysing your successful content and that of your competitors is an excellent start for driving content growth.
- So how do you become a content hacker? The key is to think outside of the box and look for little content marketing tricks you can take advantage of to attract more social shares, drive more traffic to your site, and boost your conversion rate.
- Anyone can be a content marketer, but not everyone can be a content hacker.
- Successful content hackers stay up to date with these changes and know how to craft their content to use them for their benefit.
- So how can you get started with content hacking? By now, you should understand that growth hacking is more of a mindset than a recipe that you can follow step-by-step.
14 Trends Changing the Face of the Beauty Industry in 2021
- Sephora Accelerate has been investing in and supporting female founders since 2016, growing brands like organic beauty line LXMI and premium essential oils brand Vitruvi… In addition, beauty conglomerate L’Oréal offers various internal initiatives to support its commitment to new brands and technologies, such as the Open Innovation Program, the Women in Digital program, its Technology Incubator, and the launch of corporate venture capital fund L’Oréal BOLD. Target also has its accelerator program, Target Takeoff, to mentor emerging beauty brands.
- Since its launch in 2017, “Inclusive beauty” has become an industry buzzword, encompassing new demographic markets that are becoming important for the beauty industry to target.
- A February 2021 PowerReviews survey found that consumers are now 40% more willing to try new beauty products than before the pandemic, and 59% report spending the same or more on beauty as they did before to Covid-19.
- As the beauty industry becomes more tech-enabled, opportunities for big tech companies to monetise their data, platforms, and devices will only increase. But, even as partnerships abound, they may compete more with tech-savvy beauty incumbents.
- Since first establishing itself as a go-to provider of AR for beauty tech in 2017, the Taiwan-based beauty company has expanded its virtual try-on offering, leveraging 3D face AR technology to let users test an array of makeup products.
- Biotechnology company Amyris acquired Beauty Labs., a developer of AI-powered apps for beauty brands looking to offer intelligent, personalised recommendations and virtual try-on, in April 2021.
- Though ingredient sourcing has been a trade secret for beauty companies, supply chain transparency could help improve the beauty production value chain and help brands distinguish themselves as ingredient transparency becomes more widespread. In the future, the beauty industry will continue moving beyond empty buzzwords like “Clean” and “Natural” and instead get down to the nitty-gritty of specific ingredients and their effects.
6 B2b Content Marketing Summertime Sizzlers to Increase Audience Engagement
- How can B2B marketers make their content more engaging? Here are a few tips.
- Neither your brand nor your audience is getting any utility out of the content.
- For B2B marketers, LinkedIn is the right destination for social-first content.
- Social-first content can help grow your brand’s social media presence and deepen relationships with your audience.
- Over time, you can build up a community of influencers to co-create content that benefits them, your brand, and your audience.
- It’s pushing your brand away from the staid and static old-school B2B mindset and putting out content people want to interact with, comment on, and share.
- Need more proof? Here’s how interactive content for our client Prophix led to a 642% increase in engagement.
That’s all for this week! Join me again next week with another edition.
Did you like the article? Please pin it!