If you’re looking to improve your SEO (search engine optimisation) rankings in 2018, then you need to forget all those old-school SEO myths and strategies.
Olds-chool SEO strategies can get you into serious trouble with Google. Before publishing your next piece of content think about why and how to use SEO to improve that piece of material.
Take a look at the infographic below of 10 Tips for an SEO strategy this year.
Share this Image On Your Site.
Produce great content! No matter how grand your SEO strategy is, it will not yield any positive results if your content is crap.
Select great keywords and use them in your content, header tags, alt tags, headers, URL, and so on. Avoid any spammy tactics with your keywords.
Devices like Google Home and Amazon Echo are impacting how we use voice to search for content. Your SEO strategy has to cater for this.
When creating or optimising our content, we will need to research and tune around topic relevancy, not just keywords alone.
Have a mobile-first approach to creating websites and content. Sites and content not optimised for mobile devices will become obsolete.
If your website is slow, this will have a negative impact on your SEO, and your website traffic will suffer. So we need to optimise for speed.
Optimise video and image files on your website for search. A well-optimised video and image file can help your content rank higher in a SERP (search engine result page).
Ensure you list your business in relevant local business directories and that your details and contact information are up to date.
Avoid spammy internal or external linking strategies and linking to low-quality sites and content. Be careful with low-quality guest posts.
Research the content your competition is producing and the keywords they are ranking. Can you create/find better content/keywords?
With all the algorithm updates Google has been making in recent times SEO is critical. Using these ten tips will help you have a reliable evergreen SEO strategy in 2018 and beyond.
- Why SEO for Business Owners in Nigeria Is Important
- How to Select an Awesome SEO Agency That’s Right for Your Brand
- What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- How to Explain SEO to Someone Who Knows Nothing About It
- 10 Myths about SEO That You Should Stop Believing
- 5 Reasons SEO Is the Strongest Link
- Influence of Social Media on SEO
- Our Five Step SEO Process
- How Can Mobile Optimization Improve Your SEO?
- SEO for Small Business Websites
- PPC or SEO – Which Do You Need?
- Why and How to Start Using Search Engine Optimization Now