We all love to surf the web and bookmark the great content so that we can revisit them from time to time. But what if you are not using your own computer, how can you gain access to your bookmarks? That’s where Delicious comes to the rescue.
Delicious (previously known as Del.icio.us) is the world’s largest social bookmarking site. It allows you to automatically publish content to the web. In addition you can save, manage and share pages in a centralized source. Even when you’re not using your own computer, you can still gain access to all your bookmarks right from the Delicious website itself. Delicious also shows you the ‘featured links’ being saved right now across many areas of interest on the internet.
The social aspect of Delicious is what makes it an awesome tool for growing your business online. Whilst enabling you to share your favourite bookmarks with your friends, your friends can likewise share their favourite bookmarks with you too. Therefore you gain access to a wide range of interesting sites with great content for you to learn from and become more proficient in your niche market.
Despite this all outbound links in Delicious are nofollow and do not pass SEO value, there is still a lot of things your business can benefit from Delicious. Delicious can once again be of use for getting massive website traffic. Social media experts also constantly using Delicious to discover new ways of how to get more results from social media or to derive social media marketing tips small businesses.
If you run a blog and you are at a loss on what to blog about, Delicious is a great place to find ideas. But as with other social networking sites, you need to be mindful of adhering to the terms and conditions of the Delicious website. Once you sign up and become acquainted with it, you have to follow others and invite your friends and colleagues to follow you too.
When paired with RSS, Delicious is a powerful tool to create content on the fly while cataloguing and categorizing the kind of stuff that helps you learn, teach and be a filter for your clients.
To get the best from Delicious for your business requires that you abide by the 80:20 rule i.e. 80% of what you bookmark and share should be other people’s content and the rest 20% your own content. For best result, focus on content related to tutorials, list of interesting stuff, tools and generally any great content that other users of Delicious can derive benefit.
Did you find this post interesting? Then please add it to your Delicious bookmarks and share with your friends. If Delicious is still not your thing, you can use any of the buttons below to share it to your preferred social media site.