Anytime I try to highlight the benefits of E-Learning to the average business owner in Nigeria, I’m always faced with stiff opposition.
Nigerians are quick to mention the incessant power failures and other challenges that make elearning seem unappealing. Though I agree that it has its challenges especially in a developing nation like ours, this doesn’t mean that we have to right it off completely. E-learning has definite benefits over traditional classroom training.
- E-Learning is flexible and it saves you the cost of not having to travel or spend excess time away from work.
- E-Learning can be completed when and where it is most convenient for the employer and employee.
- E-Learning environments allow learners to move at their own pace and can be more effective for learners who are shy, reflective, or require more time to absorb information.
- E-Learning eliminates the problems associated with different instructors teaching slightly different material on the same subject. For company-based training, this is often critical.
- Since most companies now have computers, the cost of deplying elearning solutions is reduced.
- It also allows employers to customize content and monitor employee’s progress.
- The elements of multimedia – audio, video, quizzes, interactions, etc – aids the employee to remember what they’ve learnt.
The benefits to your business are endless. If you’ve not already introduced elearning in your business, why not start today?